Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Freezes at init 5.

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    7

    Exclamation Freezes at init 5.

    I have a Dell Latitude Laptop that I have been running Zorin (Ubuntu derivitive) on. I just installed Knoppix from Flash drive and it went well and I was able to boot yesterday. I now booted up today and I get to where it says INIT: Entering runlevel: 5 and freezes. I am sitting at the root@Microknoppix:/#_ the underscore blinks for a few mins then stops and now I'm frozen.

    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Moderator Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Germany/ Dietzenbach
    Posts
    1,124
    Have a look at "Check the ISO" and also try the cheatcode "knoppix testcd"

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    7
    It;s installed on the hard drive. booted it two or three times then the next morning it wouldn't boot.

  4. #4
    Moderator Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Germany/ Dietzenbach
    Posts
    1,124
    Ok, but what is about "check the ISO" and "knoppix testcd" with the Knoppix DVD/CD you've downloaded and used for HD installation? And what type of installation have you done: "HD Install" or "Flash Install to HD"?
    Last edited by Werner P. Schulz; 05-09-2013 at 05:48 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot picture

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot

$285.90



Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64-Bit USB Flash Drive (HAV-00162) picture

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64-Bit USB Flash Drive (HAV-00162)

$36.99



Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC picture

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC

$49.99



Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet picture

Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet

$147.00



LOT x60 SATA SSD enterprise flash 100TB (MTFDDAK960TDC,MTFDDAK1T9TDC,THNSN81Q) picture

LOT x60 SATA SSD enterprise flash 100TB (MTFDDAK960TDC,MTFDDAK1T9TDC,THNSN81Q)

$18500.00



1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot picture

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot

$269.10



USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB picture

USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB

$8.47



LOT 10x SanDisk 32GB ULTRA USB 3.0 flash drive SDCZ48-032G 32 GB read 100 MB/s picture

LOT 10x SanDisk 32GB ULTRA USB 3.0 flash drive SDCZ48-032G 32 GB read 100 MB/s

$39.80



SanDisk Ultra Luxe USB 3.1 Flash Drive – 5 Pack | Premium Metal USB Flash Drives picture

SanDisk Ultra Luxe USB 3.1 Flash Drive – 5 Pack | Premium Metal USB Flash Drives

$59.99



TESLA OEM Model S,3,X,Y USB Flash Drive for Dashcam 128GB READ DESCRIPTION BELOW picture

TESLA OEM Model S,3,X,Y USB Flash Drive for Dashcam 128GB READ DESCRIPTION BELOW

$22.00