Chromium is only within the DVD version.
I'm taking a look at the release notes at http://www.knopper.net/knoppix/knoppix705-en.html - and there is a mention of Chromium ("Chromium 22.0.1229.94 and Firefox/Iceweasel 10.0.11 Web Browser,". I'm also seeing some references to "DVD version only" for some of the software - but since there is no note of this for Chromium, i'm given the impression that this is present in the CD version as well. But is that the case? cos i'm booted up with the CD version right now. And I cant seem to be able to find Chromium...
Chromium is only within the DVD version.
Greetings, jf.
I used the CD-version of Knoppix 7.0.5 to make my LiveUSB.
As Werner says, Chromium is not on the 7.0.5 Knoppix CD, per se.
I've added Chromium to my LiveUSB using Synaptic, but that was
some months back.
Since Debian has just re-arranged the apt-get material, I expect
it may not be _easily_ possible to _now_ 'just bring it in with Synaptic'.
At the present time, Knoppix 7.0.5 Synaptic repo designations may
not be reliable because of the recent Debian change.
Knoppix repo designations are always somewhat hard to understand,
maybe especially so now.
Some easier options _right now_ are either
1. Just wait a little longer (presumably days) for Knoppix 7.1; or
2. See if a 7.0.5 LiveDVD will serve your purpose.
hey no prob, utu. I can live with IceWeasel! I was just curious, since as i mentioned, Chromium wasnt specifically marked as "DVD version only" in the Relese notes...

128GB (4x32GB) SK hynix DDR4 PC4-2666V RDIMM ECC Server Ram HMA84GR7CJR4N-VK
$799.00
Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00
867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001
$245.00
Microsoft Windows Server 2022 Standard 64Bit 16 Core-50 CALs DVD With Key&
$69.90
Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM
$1499.00
Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99
Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$308.00
Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$524.99
Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99
Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00