The latest version of Knoppix is 7.05; Knoppix 4 has become obsolet.
Hi guys.
i have an amd64 PC and i really really really want to install KNOPPIX4 on it.
CPU: AMD Phenome2 X965.
PLEASE HELP ME...
The latest version of Knoppix is 7.05; Knoppix 4 has become obsolet.
Have version 3.9 2005-05-27 if that helps - its a standard version on a CD
I think it is fair to help those who ask for help, but insist on installing at least 7 years old product is unnecessary and would cause only problems that would affect all of the forum with more requests for help.
However good your reasons may be, the use of the latest version of knoppix, as suggested by Mr. Werner, is the most appropriate responses.
people look,
i have some Memoirs with KNOPPIX4. old KDE and wallpaper of a road with cars light. a beautiful Cursor xine player and games and all other things of KNOPPIX 4. but KNOPPIX4 dose not support AMD64 CPU. and this is my CPU. but i want use KNOPPIX4..
Dear Blacksimon,
It's been a long time since I was last reprimanded, probably years before you were born. I understand your point of view, however I still have a M$ Win 98se partition on all my computers and God help anybody that tries to take it from me. If the man wants version 4 it's probable for good (sentimental) reasons. Your arguments are the same as those put foreword by Micro$oft... and we all know what their ulterior motive is all about.
As for your argument, "(he) would cause only problems that would affect all of the forum" seems a tad inordinate. In my experience (in forums), people love to help, after all isn't that what forums are all about.
However, I do think Vahid_PC post is more suited to the "Lounge Forum".
And Klaus Knopper has rational principles not to offer this old Knoppix versions for download. For example Kernel of this old Knoppix versions cannot handle with modern hardware (AMD64 CPU). Why shall we help people, who want modern hardware but insist on outdated software?If the man wants version 4 it's probable for good (sentimental) reasons.
Last edited by Werner P. Schulz; 05-14-2013 at 10:04 AM.
Dear AussiePete,
I do not want to debate or even want to try to take your win98se, but I remain of the view that advise Knoppix4 is a wrong assumption.
Knoppix4 will only create more trouble and new requests for help.
Sure people love to help, but in my case, I do not "love" helping people that I already know they will not take into account the advice that I will give.
PS: many people want help without even bothering to read some old post where he would find a ready solution to their problem. The age has made me intolerant of this behavior

Vintage Rare California Computer Systems Boards for Altair IMSAI S-100 Systems
$345.00
MITS 88 SIOB Serial-TT, An Single Serial I/O Port S-100Board For the Altair 8800
$189.95
Vintage Rare Cromemco Boards for Altair IMSAI S-100 Systems
$245.00
MITS ALTAIR 680b Turnkey Computer
$2550.00
SSM IO-4 S100 I/O Interface Board 2-Serial 2-Parallel Altair IMSAI Untested
$119.99
$675.00
Vintage Octagon 256K Static RAM (32 x HM6264LP-12) Board S-100 Altair IMSAI
$150.00
S-100 Vector Graphic 64K Ram Board (Altair, IMSAI)
$99.95
CP/M 86 1.1R 8086 Highmonitor 8 Inch Floppy Diskette 80s IMSAI Altair
$29.99
ALTAIR Bitcoin Mining Solutions PDU IEC SERIES 100-250V 30A/24A Power Distribute
$99.00