-
Senior Member
registered user
Hi, luther!
I mounted Knoppix 4.0.2 CD with the filemanager. Its mount point was /media/sr0. My HDD was mounted at /media/sda1.
I opened a root terminal and issued
Code:
mkdir -p /media/sda1/knx402/master
cp -a /media/sr0/* /media/sda1/knx402/master
cd /media/sda1/knx402
mv master/boot/isolinux master/KNOPPIX
rm master/KNOPPIX/isolinux/boot.cat
rmdir master/boot
mkisofs -l -r -J -V "KNOPPIX" -o knx402.iso -no-emul-boot -boot-load-size 4 -boot-info-table -b KNOPPIX/isolinux/isolinux.bin -c KNOPPIX/isolinux/boot.cat master
Booting from this new ISO image was impossible. I got an error message from isolinux.
I rebooted Knoppix 7.0.3 CD, mounted my HDD, opened a root terminal and changed to /media/sda1/knx402. I issued
Code:
mkdir master/boot
mv master/KNOPPIX/isolinux master/boot/
mkisofs -l -r -J -V "KNOPPIX" -o knx402.iso -no-emul-boot -boot-load-size 4 -boot-info-table -b boot/isolinux/isolinux.bin -c boot/isolinux/boot.cat master
This time it was possible to boot from this ISO image.
Now I am convinced that isolinux expects the linux image in the directory boot/isolinux, but does not search in another directory like KNOPPIX/isolinux.
After you have booted Knoppix from USB you can use the filemanager to mount your HDD. I suppose it is mounted at /media/sda1.
The bonus DVD can also be mounted using the filemanager. I suppose that you can find its root directory at /media/sr0.
Then I would open a root terminal and issue the following commands.
Code:
mkdir -p /media/sda1/knx402/master
cp -a /media/sr0/KNOPPIX /media/sda1/knx402/master
cd /media/sda1/knx402
mkdir master/boot
mv master/KNOPPIX/isolinux master/boot/
rm master/boot/isolinux/boot.cat
mkisofs -l -r -J -V "KNOPPIX" -o knx402.iso -no-emul-boot -boot-load-size 4 -boot-info-table -b boot/isolinux/isolinux.bin -c boot/isolinux/boot.cat master
Burn the new ISO image on a CD-R and try it out.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$145.00

OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN
$288.00

pfSense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 8GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN
$184.99

SonicWall TZ280 Firewall 03-SSC-6933 Advanced Edition 3YR NEW SEALED
$999.99

OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC
$175.00

Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F UTM UTP License Until 2027 Network Security FW VPN
$229.99

Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F P24286-03-13 Network Firewall Security Appliance
$155.75

Palo Alto PA-220 Next-Gen Firewall 520-000309-00J
$40.00

Fortinet FortiGate FG-40F Network Security Firewall NO RACK EARS
$49.99

Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet
$147.00