Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 19 of 19

Thread: Google search for knoppix forum ends up on firestore72 sometimes

  1. #11
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    174
    Denver Dave, it appears there may be a problem at our end. It's tricky to sort out but I'll get on it as soon as I can. Thanks for letting us know.

  2. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    127
    Thanks for the update. Not a big deal, most people probably type in the direct url: http://knoppix.net/forums and that seems to work fine. I'll start doing this.

    A little more data:

    Replicated the redirect with:
    XP / Chrome browser / Google search
    XP / Firefox browser / Yahoo search

  3. #13
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    14
    I've seen this happen many times - on machines running Windows as well as Knoppix itself. I always assumed it meant the server was overloaded at that particular moment, and that "firestore72.info" was the canonical name of the server that also serves knoppix.net. The workaround is to go back to the Google page and click the link again (although it would be nice if the firestore page did a proper job of explaining what happened).
    Last edited by soubeagi; 06-28-2013 at 07:05 PM.

  4. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    127
    I didn't pay the filestore72 much mind either, assuming I clicked on the wrong link or something for quite some time. However, since we can now duplicate it every time on multiple operating systems and browsers after clearing the cache, it now does not seem likely related to a server load issue.

    Should be possible to track down since we can duplicate with consistency. A tougher find would be if it was intermittent.

    There are about a thousand posts related to infostore72.info redirect vbulletin - sounds like we are in good company:
    http://www.google.com/#sclient=psy-a...ogle+vbulletin

  5. #15
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    14
    This is the result of malicious code that was injected into the knoppix.net server, exploiting some new vulnerability in vBulletin (and possibly also Apache). Possibly the best discussion of this problem, including suggestions on how to eliminate it, is at Vbulletin myfilestore hack - Find the traces and remove them. It's very technical, but an experienced vBulletin administrator should find some useful info there.

    And, just for the record, it happened to me again while I was looking up this info.


  6. #16
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1
    Can confirm this is still occurring, I've never got to this site before yesterday and I was redirected a few times.

  7. #17
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441
    I'm seeing it too. A search for "knoppix forum" seems to hit this site as the top hit, I can see the correct URL, but when I click on the Google link I end up at the evil site!
    ---
    Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.

  8. #18
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    3
    Yep, I just joined this forum. Knoppix forum sent me and email to activate my login. I clicked on the link; it took me to filestore72.

  9. #19
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    174
    I think it's fixed.

    If anyone has got this redirect since yesterday please drop me a PM or email (webmaster@). Thanks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED

$34.95



Lot of 4 USED IPitomy IP620-B with IPX-32 DSS Expansion Module VoIP Phone POE picture

Lot of 4 USED IPitomy IP620-B with IPX-32 DSS Expansion Module VoIP Phone POE

$225.00



Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply picture

Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply

$25.00



Grandstream HT701 1-Port FXS Analog Telephone Adapter ATA VoIP Gateway -Free S/H picture

Grandstream HT701 1-Port FXS Analog Telephone Adapter ATA VoIP Gateway -Free S/H

$19.99



Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone picture

Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone

$49.28



5 LOT - Polycom VVX411 Gigabit VoIP Desktop Business Phone 2201-48450-001 picture

5 LOT - Polycom VVX411 Gigabit VoIP Desktop Business Phone 2201-48450-001

$99.99



Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB picture

Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB

$27.07



LOT OF 10 NEW Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-Line PoE Speakerphone VoIP Desk Phone picture

LOT OF 10 NEW Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-Line PoE Speakerphone VoIP Desk Phone

$699.99



SIM Bank 32 SIM Card Slots Ethernet SIM Server for GoIP picture

SIM Bank 32 SIM Card Slots Ethernet SIM Server for GoIP

$400.00



Lot of 9 Used IPitomy IP320-P HD POE Voice Speakerphone 12-Line VoIP Phone picture

Lot of 9 Used IPitomy IP320-P HD POE Voice Speakerphone 12-Line VoIP Phone

$225.00