-
Administrator
Site Admin-
Denver Dave, it appears there may be a problem at our end. It's tricky to sort out but I'll get on it as soon as I can. Thanks for letting us know.
-
Thanks for the update. Not a big deal, most people probably type in the direct url: http://knoppix.net/forums and that seems to work fine. I'll start doing this.
A little more data:
Replicated the redirect with:
XP / Chrome browser / Google search
XP / Firefox browser / Yahoo search
-
I've seen this happen many times - on machines running Windows as well as Knoppix itself. I always assumed it meant the server was overloaded at that particular moment, and that "firestore72.info" was the canonical name of the server that also serves knoppix.net. The workaround is to go back to the Google page and click the link again (although it would be nice if the firestore page did a proper job of explaining what happened).
Last edited by soubeagi; 06-28-2013 at 07:05 PM.
-
I didn't pay the filestore72 much mind either, assuming I clicked on the wrong link or something for quite some time. However, since we can now duplicate it every time on multiple operating systems and browsers after clearing the cache, it now does not seem likely related to a server load issue.
Should be possible to track down since we can duplicate with consistency. A tougher find would be if it was intermittent.
There are about a thousand posts related to infostore72.info redirect vbulletin - sounds like we are in good company:
http://www.google.com/#sclient=psy-a...ogle+vbulletin
-
This is the result of malicious code that was injected into the knoppix.net server, exploiting some new vulnerability in vBulletin (and possibly also Apache). Possibly the best discussion of this problem, including suggestions on how to eliminate it, is at Vbulletin myfilestore hack - Find the traces and remove them. It's very technical, but an experienced vBulletin administrator should find some useful info there.
And, just for the record, it happened to me again while I was looking up this info.
-
Can confirm this is still occurring, I've never got to this site before yesterday and I was redirected a few times.
-
Administrator
Site Admin-
I'm seeing it too. A search for "knoppix forum" seems to hit this site as the top hit, I can see the correct URL, but when I click on the Google link I end up at the evil site!
---
Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.
-
Yep, I just joined this forum. Knoppix forum sent me and email to activate my login. I clicked on the link; it took me to filestore72.
-
Administrator
Site Admin-
I think it's fixed.
If anyone has got this redirect since yesterday please drop me a PM or email (webmaster@). Thanks.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Apple Computer cards VTG 670-8020-B 607-0103-C 607-0291-C AST -Orange Micro ++
$169.00

Vintage Apple iMac G4 15" Lamp 700MHz 512MB Mac OS X 10.4.6 W/ Pro Speakers
$300.00

Vintage Apple II Avant-Garde Creations Super Shape Draw And Animate 1981
$295.00

Apple Mac Microphone Vintage 1990 Model 590-0618-A Original Box Japan AUX Gray
$14.95

Rare Vintage Macintosh Apple Wooden Disk Storage Box Dovetailed
$69.95

LARGE LOT Vintage Apple Macintosh Mouse Cables Accessories SCSI etc - UNTESTED
$80.00

Vintage Apple iBook G3 12.1” 500MHz 2001 Restored, SSD Upgraded Mac OS 9.2/OS X
$180.00

Lot of 3 VIntage Apple Computer Rainbow Logo Sticker Decal Macintosh 1980s NOS
$7.00

Vintage Apple Monitor IIc 9" Green Monochrome 06/1985 A2M4090 October 1984 Stand
$275.00

Vintage Apple PowerBook 15” G4 “Aluminum” (1.25GHz/2gb/150gb/Tiger) 2
$109.99