Results 1 to 10 of 19

Thread: Google search for knoppix forum ends up on firestore72 sometimes

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    174
    Denver Dave, it appears there may be a problem at our end. It's tricky to sort out but I'll get on it as soon as I can. Thanks for letting us know.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    127
    Thanks for the update. Not a big deal, most people probably type in the direct url: http://knoppix.net/forums and that seems to work fine. I'll start doing this.

    A little more data:

    Replicated the redirect with:
    XP / Chrome browser / Google search
    XP / Firefox browser / Yahoo search

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    14
    I've seen this happen many times - on machines running Windows as well as Knoppix itself. I always assumed it meant the server was overloaded at that particular moment, and that "firestore72.info" was the canonical name of the server that also serves knoppix.net. The workaround is to go back to the Google page and click the link again (although it would be nice if the firestore page did a proper job of explaining what happened).
    Last edited by soubeagi; 06-28-2013 at 07:05 PM.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    127
    I didn't pay the filestore72 much mind either, assuming I clicked on the wrong link or something for quite some time. However, since we can now duplicate it every time on multiple operating systems and browsers after clearing the cache, it now does not seem likely related to a server load issue.

    Should be possible to track down since we can duplicate with consistency. A tougher find would be if it was intermittent.

    There are about a thousand posts related to infostore72.info redirect vbulletin - sounds like we are in good company:
    http://www.google.com/#sclient=psy-a...ogle+vbulletin

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    14
    This is the result of malicious code that was injected into the knoppix.net server, exploiting some new vulnerability in vBulletin (and possibly also Apache). Possibly the best discussion of this problem, including suggestions on how to eliminate it, is at Vbulletin myfilestore hack - Find the traces and remove them. It's very technical, but an experienced vBulletin administrator should find some useful info there.

    And, just for the record, it happened to me again while I was looking up this info.


  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1
    Can confirm this is still occurring, I've never got to this site before yesterday and I was redirected a few times.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX picture

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX

$59.99



GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5 picture

GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5

$189.99



Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery picture

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery

$54.99



Compo MSI B150I GAMING PRO AC LGA1151 16 Gb DDR4 + Cpu I7 6700+I/O Shields. picture

Compo MSI B150I GAMING PRO AC LGA1151 16 Gb DDR4 + Cpu I7 6700+I/O Shields.

$159.00



GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard picture

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard

$59.99



⁠Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)⁠ picture

⁠Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)⁠

$29.90



ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio picture

ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio

$34.99



ASUS PRIME Z370-A II LGA 1151 Intel Z370 DDR4 DIMM USB3.1 DVI  ATX RGB picture

ASUS PRIME Z370-A II LGA 1151 Intel Z370 DDR4 DIMM USB3.1 DVI ATX RGB

$69.99



ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield picture

ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield

$84.99



ASRock Z370 Pro4 LGA 1151 Z370 HDMI USB 3.1 2 Ultra M.2 DDR4 ATX Motherboard picture

ASRock Z370 Pro4 LGA 1151 Z370 HDMI USB 3.1 2 Ultra M.2 DDR4 ATX Motherboard

$75.00