-
I've seen this happen many times - on machines running Windows as well as Knoppix itself. I always assumed it meant the server was overloaded at that particular moment, and that "firestore72.info" was the canonical name of the server that also serves knoppix.net. The workaround is to go back to the Google page and click the link again (although it would be nice if the firestore page did a proper job of explaining what happened).
Last edited by soubeagi; 06-28-2013 at 07:05 PM.
-
I didn't pay the filestore72 much mind either, assuming I clicked on the wrong link or something for quite some time. However, since we can now duplicate it every time on multiple operating systems and browsers after clearing the cache, it now does not seem likely related to a server load issue.
Should be possible to track down since we can duplicate with consistency. A tougher find would be if it was intermittent.
There are about a thousand posts related to infostore72.info redirect vbulletin - sounds like we are in good company:
http://www.google.com/#sclient=psy-a...ogle+vbulletin
-
This is the result of malicious code that was injected into the knoppix.net server, exploiting some new vulnerability in vBulletin (and possibly also Apache). Possibly the best discussion of this problem, including suggestions on how to eliminate it, is at Vbulletin myfilestore hack - Find the traces and remove them. It's very technical, but an experienced vBulletin administrator should find some useful info there.
And, just for the record, it happened to me again while I was looking up this info.
-
Can confirm this is still occurring, I've never got to this site before yesterday and I was redirected a few times.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$269.10

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC
$49.99

2021 Full Version Office Professional Plus for 1 PC Flash USB Drive
$59.99

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB
$8.47

Lot 5/10pcs USB Flash Drive Memory Stick 1MB-64GB Pendrive Thumb Drive 8GB 32GB
$246.00

Wholesale 5/10/100PCS 1MB- 64GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive Memory Stick Jump Drive Lot
$280.00

128GB USB 14-in-1 MacOS bootable Installer repair recovery tech support service
$39.99

Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive
$35.00