-
7.0.5 video problem
Hi,
I'm having difficulty upgrading from 6.7.1 to 7.0.5. My PC is a Shuttle XS35V3, and I boot Knoppix from USB using YUMI. The PC has dual screen support, one screen uses DVI and the other HDMI. Both are connected to 1280x1024 monitors but the HDMI monitor is normally not powered on.
This configuration works fine with 6.7.1. It boots up on the DVI monitor in 1280x1024 mode. However there is a video problem with 7.0.5. It starts booting up on the DVI monitor in 1280x1024, but then switches to the HDMI monitor in 1024x768 mode. The last text I see on the DVI monitor is "Starting DRM".
I'm just a Knoppix user, and am not familiar with its installation details. However I tried a few things. On the 2nd line of isolinux.cfg, just after APPEND, I added nodrm. That didn't help. I also tried video=1280x1024, but that didn't help either. I also tried replacing the entire 7.0.5 isolinux directory with the one from 6.7.1. That fixed the video problem, but prevented Knoppix from finding my internet connection.
I would appreciate your help. I would like to configure 7.0.5 to boot up in 1280x1024 mode on the DVI monitor. I suspect this is possible since 6.7.1 is doing that.
Thanks,
piecat
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

2024 Full Version Office Professional Plus for 1 PC Flash USB Drive
$89.99

2021 Full Version Office Professional Plus for 1 PC Flash USB Drive
$59.99

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$269.10

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB
$8.47

LOT 10x SanDisk 32GB ULTRA USB 3.0 flash drive SDCZ48-032G 32 GB read 100 MB/s
$39.80

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC
$49.99

Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive
$35.00

128GB USB 14-in-1 MacOS bootable Installer repair recovery tech support service
$39.99