I found Universal-USB-Installer - Easy as 1 2 3_USB PenDrive Linux.htm which describes how to do it and has a link to download the application.
It worked well.
I have a copy of Knoppix_V7.0.4DVD-2012-08-20-EN.iso which I downloaded and used to create a boot DVD using Nero. It works fine on both an older ASUS computer and a recent Gateway machine. The ASUS BIOS does not allow USB boot but the Gateway does. How should I go about creating a boot USB flash drive on a 16GB CoreMicro flash drive
I found Universal-USB-Installer - Easy as 1 2 3_USB PenDrive Linux.htm which describes how to do it and has a link to download the application.
It worked well.
Nothing against Tools like Universal-USB-Installer, LiLi or unetbootin - But it's better to use the flash-knoppix program included with Knoppix. That one can create a LiveUSB-Installation on a big enough flash storage device. This means: Using a persistent overlay file system on the flash storage, one can have a portable system, remembering all changes (i.e. data files, user-installed Debian software) across reboots and computers!
By choosing to boot from such a flash storage device without the overlay file system mounted, one can still use it like a LiveCD or LiveDVD system (without personal changes). The persistent overlay file system can even be password-protected/encrypted, making a flash storage device with private data sharable with other people.
This works even better with newer Knoppix releases, allowing one to fill a >= 16 GB flash storage device with the 4.3 GiB KnoppixLiveDVD + 10 GiB personal stuff (by using flash-knoppix2, the experimental installer).
Today I purchased a new Lexar 64GB USB 3.0. I can build the Knoppix 7.05 DVD + a 10GB persistence?... Then in WinXP I created a Hold directory on the USB. My goal is to carry my audio and pdf book library (but it is currently using 99% of remaining space). Does this now mean I am using the 10GB space I created with Flash-Knoppix2? Question: Can I make a compressed area in the remaining 40+GB space and use it for storage? How many areas can we put on a USB stick? Thank you. PS. The 3.0 USB in a 3.0 Port is noticeably nice.
Please open a terminal. typeand tell us the output from it.Code:df -h
By the way, you can use the "Go Advanced" button to have more abilities to format the posting; use the icon "Wrap [CODE] tags .." and insert the output within the tags.
If "noscript" is active for http://knoppix.net/forum/ disable it for this website; otherwise you cannot use the format abilities.
Last edited by Werner P. Schulz; 06-23-2013 at 07:47 AM.

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99
Broadcom MegaRAID 9480-8e Fujitsu PRAID EP540e SAS RAID Card (Replac 9380-8e) 8i
$228.00
Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD
$265.00
Areca ARC-1882IX-24 (16i4e)24-Port RAID Controller Card w/BBU /HDD Monitor Board
$202.46
Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV
$18.95
Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller
$64.99
MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00
$1619.26
OWC Express 4M2 USB4 40Gb/s 4-Slot NVMe M.2 SSD RAID Enclosure w/ Cable
$125.00
G-Technology G-SPEED Studio XL 48TB Thunderbolt 2 Storage - Housing Only
$200.00
Promise Pegasus R6 Thunderbolt 2 RAID Storage 6Bay Enclosure G2U
$129.99