Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: ADMtek wireless card not working

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    US
    Posts
    1

    ADMtek wireless card not working

    I'm new to Linux but, realy enjoy using the Knoppix CD. I have a Compaq notebook that can connect to my home network using a Netgear FA-14 (cat5) PCMCIA card with Knoppix. I also have a wireless Dlink DWL-650 L1 PCMCIA card that uses the ADMtek chip. There are Linux drivers available at http://www.admtek.com.tw/download/ADM8211.htm I have searched Google and Knoppix formus for directions on how to install the drivers w/Knoppix but had no Luck. If anyone has some advice on how to make this card work, I'd realy appreciate it.

    Thanks,
    wanttolearn

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    2

    Installing drivers using LiveCD and a USB 256MB Memory Key

    I found some info here;
    http://www.linuxquestions.org/questi...04/02/1/139939
    and here;
    http://www.houseofcraig.net/belkin_howto.php
    but I need to get it working on a liveCD install, with a myconfig=/dev/sda1 which is only 256 MB... i have no hdd in my laptop.
    I need a point in the right direction! (can I remaster a LiveCD to include the drivers??)
    [/url]

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    N Calif.
    Posts
    3
    Work on this card continues here's some links:

    http://www.linuxquestions.org/questi...5&pagenumber=1

    THis one is an alpha GPL driver:

    http://www.latinsud.com/adm8211/english.html

    Seems Knoppix stil doesn't have any drivers for this card, it doesn't even see mine.

    I also run Xandros, their version 2 autodetects it & it just works, but probably using ADMTek's proprietary driver.

    Dave

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-31-2005, 12:19 AM
  2. xpost: wireless card not working after HD install
    By chopperman in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-30-2005, 11:48 PM
  3. Wireless card not working
    By cuberds in forum Networking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-06-2005, 01:15 AM
  4. No Wireless Extensions/No wireless card found?
    By sparticus in forum Laptops
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-23-2004, 12:55 AM
  5. MS Wireless Mouse not working.
    By Joninator in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-22-2003, 06:30 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Samsung DVI to DVI Cable 6 ft Digital Video Interface Audio Video NEW picture

Samsung DVI to DVI Cable 6 ft Digital Video Interface Audio Video NEW

$30.89



NEW - Samsung 512GB USB-C Flash Drive Blue Up to 400MB/s Read Speed picture

NEW - Samsung 512GB USB-C Flash Drive Blue Up to 400MB/s Read Speed

$120.00



Samsung Galaxy Book 5 Pro 360 16

Samsung Galaxy Book 5 Pro 360 16" Laptop Intel Core Ultra 7 256V/16GB/512GB Gray

$1499.00



Samsung PM9A1 1TB PCIe 4.0 x4 NVMe M.2 SSD picture

Samsung PM9A1 1TB PCIe 4.0 x4 NVMe M.2 SSD

$135.00



Kids Case for Samsung Galaxy Tab A9+/A9 plus 11 Inch 2023 Case, with Strap, Shoc picture

Kids Case for Samsung Galaxy Tab A9+/A9 plus 11 Inch 2023 Case, with Strap, Shoc

$27.99



Samsung JC95-01514A Cover-Side Roller T2 Compatible picture

Samsung JC95-01514A Cover-Side Roller T2 Compatible

$39.00



Samsung JC93-01078A Transfer Roller T2 picture

Samsung JC93-01078A Transfer Roller T2

$89.00



Samsung PC4-2666V 16GB 2Rx8 RAM DDR4 2666MHz M471A2K43CB1-CTD picture

Samsung PC4-2666V 16GB 2Rx8 RAM DDR4 2666MHz M471A2K43CB1-CTD

$59.99



SAMSUNG 34

SAMSUNG 34" Viewfinity S50GC Series Ultra-WQHD Monitor, 100Hz, 5Ms, HDR10, AMD

$309.99



Samsung Galaxy View Tablet 18.4 SM-T670/677A Digitizer 100% Original Oem picture

Samsung Galaxy View Tablet 18.4 SM-T670/677A Digitizer 100% Original Oem

$152.99