Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Screen freezing and blusjing during CD boot!

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    7

    Screen freezing and blusjing during CD boot!

    Hello! I downloaded the newest version of knoppix, burned it into a cd, ran the cd from startuo (windows x86 machine) and whenever I hit enter (to boot), my screen first run a lor of the built-in commands, but suddenly my screen crashes. Is this common, and what could potentially be done about it?

  2. #2
    Moderator Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Germany/ Dietzenbach
    Posts
    1,124
    First of all "Check the ISO"; after this try some of the cheatcodes; last option: "Cannot boot"
    http://knoppix.net/wiki/Cheat_Codes

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    7
    cannot boot did not work. And how du I check the ISO? It has the exactky correct size.

  4. #4

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    7
    I tried cannot boot, and the iso was fine.
    I also burned the normal CD (700mb), ran it and the same thing happened.
    Why?

    I have a Windows 8 with an inactive admin and my main account is set to guest. I dont know why, but I'm very limited with options. I can't access the SAM file either, so I don't know what to do.

  6. #6
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    512
    It could be helpful to know more about your system (CPU, GPU, size of RAM ...)

  7. #7
    Moderator Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Germany/ Dietzenbach
    Posts
    1,124
    And if your Windows 8 uses secure boot, have a look in the manual of your BIOS, how to start with other boot mediums
    For example Acer computer

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    7
    I donīt think I have the option to secure boot. I use a Windows 8 HP.
    RAM was 6.00 gb. DonĻt know about CPU or GPU though.
    Damn this is a hopeless situation!

  9. #9
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    512
    I would suggest that you try
    Code:
    knoppix nofb no3d
    or
    Code:
    fb1024x768
    or
    Code:
    failsafe
    at the "boot:" prompt.

  10. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    7
    thanks, but none of the commands worked.
    "fb1024x768" produced a crashed screen wish looked a little different then the other ones, but thatīs it.
    Itīs always crashing after the "starting framework mode" (or something),

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM picture

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM

$1499.00



Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram  2x 550W PSU No HDD picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD

$275.00



867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001 picture

867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001

$245.00



Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD picture

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD

$99.99



Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W picture

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W

$524.99



Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W picture

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W

$409.99



Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E6-2699 v3 | 128gb RAM | 2x 1600W picture

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E6-2699 v3 | 128gb RAM | 2x 1600W

$899.99



Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO picture

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO

$308.00



Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM picture

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM

$699.00



RDS CAL - Remote Desktop Services Windows Server 2019 50 User/Device Connections picture

RDS CAL - Remote Desktop Services Windows Server 2019 50 User/Device Connections

$63.00