Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 18 of 18

Thread: Wifi Not working in Knoppix 7.0.5

  1. #11
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    11
    So I reloaded the USB stick with a fresh install of Knoppix , reinstalled the new Wifi driver, and now Wifi IS working with no cheat code??
    I haven't tested if the Wifi still works with a reboot though.

    Whats happened now is the old comp I have been testing this on had a moment and wiped the USB stick.
    So I reloaded the stick again but now it won't boot? Reformatted a second time and reloaded but still no go?? Boot order is still set for USB 1st.

    Tried on another comp with boot order USB 1st and it didn't work on that either??

  2. #12
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    11
    Ok, I have got this thing going again, but after reboot the Wifi stops working, so I need to get this cheat code working.

    So im back to this step,
    When I open "sudo leafpad /mnt-system/boot/syslinux/syslinux.cfg" there is nothing in there, its just an empty file??

  3. #13
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    512
    How did you create your bootable USB stick?

    What happens if you issue
    Code:
    find /mnt-system -iname syslinux.cfg
    and
    Code:
    find /mnt-system -iname menu.lst

  4. #14
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    11
    Those two commands didn't do anything.

    Im using unetbootin to create.

  5. #15
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    512
    You will find a file called syslinux.cfg in the root directory of your bootable USB stick. If you use Windows open this file with wordpad. If you are running Knopix use Leafpad text editor.

    Search for a section with 'menu label knoppix' like the following:
    Code:
    label ubnentry2
    menu label knoppix
    kernel /boot/isolinux/linux
    append initrd=/boot/isolinux/minirt.gz ramdisk_size=100000 lang=de apm=power-off  nomce libata.force=noncq hpsa.hpsa_allow_any=1 loglevel=1 tz=localtime
    Move the cursor to end of the line starting with 'append' and add your cheat code there. In my case the new line looks like
    Code:
    append initrd=/boot/isolinux/minirt.gz ramdisk_size=100000 lang=de apm=power-off  nomce libata.force=noncq hpsa.hpsa_allow_any=1 loglevel=1 tz=localtime modprobe.blacklist=rtl8192cu
    Save the file and reboot.

  6. #16
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    11
    Tried that but still no go?

    Code:
    label ubnentry2
    menu label knoppix
    kernel /boot/isolinux/linux
    append initrd=/boot/isolinux/minirt.gz ramdisk_size=100000 lang=en apm=power-off  nomce libata.force=noncq hpsa.hpsa_allow_any=1 loglevel=1 tz=localtime modprobe.blacklist=rtl8192cu

  7. #17
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    512
    I thought you would choose the menu entry 'knoppix' from the menu at boot time, but if you want to use 'Default' (the first entry in the boot menu) you have to edit the 'append' line of the 'Default' section. On my system I have got
    Code:
    label unetbootindefault
    menu label Default
    kernel /ubnkern
    append initrd=/ubninit ramdisk_size=100000 lang=de apm=power-off nomce  libata.force=noncq hpsa.hpsa_allow_any=1 loglevel=1 tz=localtime modprobe.blacklist=rtl8192cu

  8. #18
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    11
    Yes that's got it going now.

    I just use 'default' so I only have to hit enter to boot.

    Ahh now I see now how it works, so if I want to use Knoppix64 in the 'boot menu' at start up with Wifi, I would have to add it to that line as well.

    Thanks so much klaus2008 for your help to get this working.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Novell SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 9, Linux Professional 8.2 / 9.1 — 3 DVD Set picture

Novell SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 9, Linux Professional 8.2 / 9.1 — 3 DVD Set

$58.00



Microsoft SQL Server 2019 Enterprise 40 Core Unlimited CAL Retail License FPP picture

Microsoft SQL Server 2019 Enterprise 40 Core Unlimited CAL Retail License FPP

$299.00



OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN picture

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN

$125.00



Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026 picture

Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026

$12.99



RED HAT ENTERPRISE LINUX 5 SERVER RHF0382US-R1 for PC x86 AMD 64 INTEL 64 30 Day picture

RED HAT ENTERPRISE LINUX 5 SERVER RHF0382US-R1 for PC x86 AMD 64 INTEL 64 30 Day

$188.24



OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC picture

OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC

$175.00



All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive picture

All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive

$15.95



1U Rackmount PC Intel Core i5-2520M 8GB RAM 500GB HDD Ubuntu Linux Server picture

1U Rackmount PC Intel Core i5-2520M 8GB RAM 500GB HDD Ubuntu Linux Server

$109.99



SQL Server 2022 Enterprise 96 Core License & DVD Unlimited CALs with CoA picture

SQL Server 2022 Enterprise 96 Core License & DVD Unlimited CALs with CoA

$284.99



Sun Enterprise e450 400mhz cpu(x4), 4gb ram, 9gb HD w/spud most complete on ebay picture

Sun Enterprise e450 400mhz cpu(x4), 4gb ram, 9gb HD w/spud most complete on ebay

$500.00