Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Step by step - Remaster Knoppix 7.0.5 CD w/ Virtualbox 4.2 from Oracle

Threaded View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    2

    Lightbulb Step by step - Remaster Knoppix 7.0.5 CD w/ Virtualbox 4.2 from Oracle

    Greetings. I don't know much about Linux and I don't pretend to (well sometimes I do). For the last few days I was having trouble with the included Virtualbox on the 7.0.5. DVD. For a recovery environment. I also wanted to trim down the image. So this is how I remastered the 7.0.5 Knoppix Live CD for live-USB booting w/ Virtualbox 4.2 from Oracle. The problem I was having is that the kernel module would have to get reloaded every boot, so this guide takes are of that by way of a .desktop file to autostart the custom script (that this guide will show you) so it executes /etc/init.d/vboxdrv setup upon every reboot.

    This is a step by step guide and as such, it's pretty long, which is why I cannot use the forum and its cool formatting..This is first post so I can't post attachments. But I uploaded the .txt file here:



    (KnoppixRemastering-Virtualbox4-2-HOWTO.txt)

    I hope it helps anyone with the issues I was having.

    Thank you.
    -l33ch


    ---------------------------
    I've removed posted link because it doesn't work.
    wps
    Last edited by Werner P. Schulz; 06-19-2013 at 06:17 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


G-Technology G-RAID 24TB Dual-Drive External HDD TB3 USB 3.1 7200RPM Silver picture

G-Technology G-RAID 24TB Dual-Drive External HDD TB3 USB 3.1 7200RPM Silver

$299.99



Broadcom 9600-24i RAID Controller PCIe Gen 4.1 Tri-Mode NEW 05-50111-01004 picture

Broadcom 9600-24i RAID Controller PCIe Gen 4.1 Tri-Mode NEW 05-50111-01004

$649.99



OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2  for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs picture

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs

$87.99



Areca ARC-1882IX-24 (16i4e)24-Port RAID Controller Card w/BBU /HDD Monitor Board picture

Areca ARC-1882IX-24 (16i4e)24-Port RAID Controller Card w/BBU /HDD Monitor Board

$300.00



2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5

2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5"/2.5'' SATA HDD/SSD 10Gbps USB-C 3.2

$75.99



WAVLINK RAID 2 Bay Hard Drive Docking Station SATA 2.5/3.5'' SSD HDD Enclosure picture

WAVLINK RAID 2 Bay Hard Drive Docking Station SATA 2.5/3.5'' SSD HDD Enclosure

$119.99



Acasis USB 3.2 2 Bay HDD RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5

Acasis USB 3.2 2 Bay HDD RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5" SATA Drives External Array

$55.00



Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV picture

Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV

$18.95



Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD picture

Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD

$265.00



CalDigit VR minin 2 Portable Raid Storage On The Go picture

CalDigit VR minin 2 Portable Raid Storage On The Go

$75.00