Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Can't shutdown Knoppix

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    7

    Can't shutdown Knoppix

    I have just downloaded KNOPPIX_V7.0.5CD-2012-12-21-EN In previous version 6.7.1 if I wanted to shut it down I would go the start menu and click on 'Shutdown'. Version 7.0.5 only shows 'Logout' How can I shut it down?

    Thank you for your help

  2. #2
    Moderator Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Germany/ Dietzenbach
    Posts
    1,124
    Try "Logout" courageously.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    7
    I almost died in the attempt Knoppix took pity on me and froze to death, so in return I put it out of its misery and unplug it. Windows has again come to life, but I do not know for how long. Brave Knoppix, let's hope your sacrifice has not been in vain!
    Last edited by Gart Valenc; 06-20-2013 at 12:20 PM.

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    14
    This happens to me occasionally, too. Sometimes the "Shutdown" dialog shows six options for me, sometimes five, sometimes only two - with no way to predict which version I'll see. When this happens, I just go back to the old way and type "shutdown" into a terminal window - easy enough to work around, but I'd still like to know what causes it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray picture

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray

$39.99



Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A

$64.00



HGST Ultrastar HUS726040AL5210 4TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s Enterprise HDD picture

HGST Ultrastar HUS726040AL5210 4TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s Enterprise HDD

$41.00



DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5

DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600

$49.95



Seagate Exos ST2000NX0253 HDD 2TB SATA 7.2K 2.5

Seagate Exos ST2000NX0253 HDD 2TB SATA 7.2K 2.5" 512b/s

$55.00



Lot of 2 HP 4TB / 128MB SATA 7.2K RPM 3.5

Lot of 2 HP 4TB / 128MB SATA 7.2K RPM 3.5" Hard Drive MB4000GCWDC /ST4000NM0033

$125.00



Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE picture

Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE

$68.99



Seagate 2.5

Seagate 2.5" Barracuda 1TB SATA III 6Gbps HDD 2F110A-500

$19.99



Western Digital 1TB 3.5

Western Digital 1TB 3.5" SATA III 7200RPM Desktop Hard Drive

$34.99



Toshiba DT01ACA100 1 TB 3.5

Toshiba DT01ACA100 1 TB 3.5" SATA III 3.5 in Desktop Hard Drive

$24.99