Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Can't shutdown Knoppix

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    7

    Can't shutdown Knoppix

    I have just downloaded KNOPPIX_V7.0.5CD-2012-12-21-EN In previous version 6.7.1 if I wanted to shut it down I would go the start menu and click on 'Shutdown'. Version 7.0.5 only shows 'Logout' How can I shut it down?

    Thank you for your help

  2. #2
    Moderator Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Germany/ Dietzenbach
    Posts
    1,124
    Try "Logout" courageously.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    7
    I almost died in the attempt Knoppix took pity on me and froze to death, so in return I put it out of its misery and unplug it. Windows has again come to life, but I do not know for how long. Brave Knoppix, let's hope your sacrifice has not been in vain!
    Last edited by Gart Valenc; 06-20-2013 at 12:20 PM.

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    14
    This happens to me occasionally, too. Sometimes the "Shutdown" dialog shows six options for me, sometimes five, sometimes only two - with no way to predict which version I'll see. When this happens, I just go back to the old way and type "shutdown" into a terminal window - easy enough to work around, but I'd still like to know what causes it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Vintage DEC Digital Equipment Flip-Chip Module Lot Parts picture

Vintage DEC Digital Equipment Flip-Chip Module Lot Parts

$59.99



Vintage Digital VR241-A color CRT monitor, powers on, DEC Rainbow or terminal picture

Vintage Digital VR241-A color CRT monitor, powers on, DEC Rainbow or terminal

$150.00



Vintage DEC Digital XMI-A1 5017293-01A1 LWPR BE3-0 VAX Circuit Board T2012 picture

Vintage DEC Digital XMI-A1 5017293-01A1 LWPR BE3-0 VAX Circuit Board T2012

$74.99



Vintage DEC Digital T1043 DWMBB/B VAXBI XMI Adapter 5018232-01 C1 VAX Board picture

Vintage DEC Digital T1043 DWMBB/B VAXBI XMI Adapter 5018232-01 C1 VAX Board

$109.99



DEC Digital DECmate III PC238 PDP-8 6120 RX50 Dual Floppy Vintage Computer picture

DEC Digital DECmate III PC238 PDP-8 6120 RX50 Dual Floppy Vintage Computer

$649.95



Vintage DEC Digital Equipment DELNI 8-Port Ethernet Local Network Hub VAXstation picture

Vintage DEC Digital Equipment DELNI 8-Port Ethernet Local Network Hub VAXstation

$79.95



Vintage DEC VT100 Series Terminal (Powers On) picture

Vintage DEC VT100 Series Terminal (Powers On)

$499.99



Vintage Digital Equipment Corporation (DEC) DECserver 200/MC Terminal Server picture

Vintage Digital Equipment Corporation (DEC) DECserver 200/MC Terminal Server

$79.95



Vintage DEC/Mostek memory systems MK 8015 AA-00 6805-08015 1100 REV C(B7) picture

Vintage DEC/Mostek memory systems MK 8015 AA-00 6805-08015 1100 REV C(B7)

$279.99



Vintage DEC Digital Starion 200 Desktop PC Powers On Boots To BIOS NO HDD - DW picture

Vintage DEC Digital Starion 200 Desktop PC Powers On Boots To BIOS NO HDD - DW

$269.99