I think you should create a configuration file /home/knoppix/.asoundrc as described in the thread http://knoppix.net/forum/threads/283...ation-is-flaky and restart the desktop environment.
I'm playing with knoppix 7.0.5 dvd, and trying to get my Corsair Vengeance 1100 gamer headset (headphones w/ mic) working. I tried using alsamixer, but it wouldn't save the Corsair 1100 as the default.. it keeps reverting to my Soundblaster. I found kmix, and it got the headset working for files.. audio and video, but they don't work while browsing.. youtube, etc. Is there another setting somewhere? I'm just using the dvd as a live desktop at the moment.. unless a usb install would be any different.
Any help appreciated. Thanks.
I think you should create a configuration file /home/knoppix/.asoundrc as described in the thread http://knoppix.net/forum/threads/283...ation-is-flaky and restart the desktop environment.
Thanks klaus, I'll give it a try with a usb install.

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$39.99
D-Link DGS-1210-28P 28-Port PoE Gigabit Web Smart Switch With Cord
$49.99
NETGEAR 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch (Gs305) - Desktop Quiet Fanless
$25.99
10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99
TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99
TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern
$15.25
Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts
$69.00
Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch
$46.99
Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99
5Ports Gigabit Network Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports Total 52W each port 30W Plug&Play
$31.99