Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 30

Thread: Knoppix V7.2.0

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Moderator Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Germany/ Dietzenbach
    Posts
    1,124

    Knoppix V7.2.0

    Klaus Knopper has finished the new version and supplied for download from the mirrors.

  2. #2
    Moderator Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Germany/ Dietzenbach
    Posts
    1,124
    Here you can see the differences between Knoppix V7.0.5 and V7.2.0 DVD version


    both without listings of the libs.

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    512
    Hi, Werner!

    Why are the packages libc6 and libc6-dev missing on your lists?

  4. #4
    Moderator Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Germany/ Dietzenbach
    Posts
    1,124
    The listings above are without the libs; but here the listings of the libs only


  5. #5
    Senior Member otropogo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    109

    seeking proven download mirror(s) for 7.2 DVD en iso

    Hi Werner,

    Would you please read my previous post on the problematical download from kernel.org and direct me to a mirror known to have a good copy (ie. downloaded iso successfully burned and tested) of the 7.2 en DVD iso?

    thanks

  6. #6
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    512

    Release Notes

    You can read the release notes for Knoppix 7.2.0 / ADRIANE 1.5 at http://knopper.net/knoppix/knoppix720-en.html

  7. #7
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Sunnyvale,CA,USA
    Posts
    118
    I have created metalinks for this release .
    Ideally download via bittorrent to reduce load on mirrors and in the spirit of sharing .
    But if you are stuck behind a corporate or a university firewall you dont need to suffer for download speeds.You can download from multiple mirrors simultaneously and the speed limit is limited to your download limits only if you use metalinks for download.This also helps ensure the mirror load is spread across all mirrors.
    Pls consider downloading via metalink compliant plugins of firefox like downthemall or aria2 client or any of your other favorite clients.
    I have also written up instructions on using aria.
    You can download metalink files in both formats , meta4(IETF approved) and older version 3 format from my site below.It also has detailed instructions.
    http://bhavesh.freeshell.org/blog/wo...456321720.html

    Also if you run into any issues with my metalinks file pls use this existing forum thread to discuss this and I will fix any issues.
    Last edited by patelbhavesh; 06-28-2013 at 06:08 PM.

  8. #8
    I have downloaded, burned, and booted the new Adriane, and so far I have just two questions: Why was Firefox/Iceweasel removed from the Graphical Programs menu, and how can I manually restore its menu entry? Considering that Iceweasel is the only Graphical Application I still use, launching a full x session seems like overkill, not to mention that I find the rest of the desktop just gets in the way. I might be alone in this opinion, but it seems a siginificant downgrade in useability.

  9. #9
    Senior Member otropogo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    109

    misnamed or corrupted Knoppix7.2 iso on kernel.org?

    Corrupted copy of K7.2 en DVD on kernel.org?

    I set Seamonkey to download the 3.8 GB (non-boot) version of 7.2 DVD en from kernel.org via http last night, and it seemed to be downloading steadily as I went to bed. But when I checked this morning, the browser download manager showed the download as finished, and the downloaded file showed as a complete iso in the download directory on my hard drive, but both browser and file manager showed the iso's size as only 1.5GB.

    I then ran md5sum on the iso, and it returns the sum:

    d41d8cd98f00b204e9800998ecf8427e KNOPPIX_V7.2.0DVD-2013-06-16-EN2.iso

    NOT the md5sum for the file listed on kernel.org:

    836d36f87624c930a8ee375ca5492d69 *KNOPPIX_V7.2.0DVD-2013-06-16-EN.iso

    Since Seamonkey thinks the file downloaded successfully, there's no way to resume the download, IF it was somehow botched. The logical conclusion seems to be that the file is corrupted or misnamed on kernel org.

    I'd like to avoid having this happen again, so can anyone direct me to a mirror site where they know the file is available and passes the md5sum test?

  10. #10
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Sunnyvale,CA,USA
    Posts
    118
    Quote Originally Posted by otropogo View Post
    Corrupted copy of K7.2 en DVD on kernel.org?

    I set Seamonkey to download the 3.8 GB (non-boot) version of 7.2 DVD en from kernel.org via http last night, and it seemed to be downloading steadily as I went to bed. But when I checked this morning, the browser download manager showed the download as finished, and the downloaded file showed as a complete iso in the download directory on my hard drive, but both browser and file manager showed the iso's size as only 1.5GB.

    I then ran md5sum on the iso, and it returns the sum:

    d41d8cd98f00b204e9800998ecf8427e KNOPPIX_V7.2.0DVD-2013-06-16-EN2.iso

    NOT the md5sum for the file listed on kernel.org:

    836d36f87624c930a8ee375ca5492d69 *KNOPPIX_V7.2.0DVD-2013-06-16-EN.iso

    Since Seamonkey thinks the file downloaded successfully, there's no way to resume the download, IF it was somehow botched. The logical conclusion seems to be that the file is corrupted or misnamed on kernel org.

    I'd like to avoid having this happen again, so can anyone direct me to a mirror site where they know the file is available and passes the md5sum test?
    I have learned the hard way in the past is that downloading huge files via browsers is not fool proof.
    So in this particular situation I can recommend that you run the following command in a windows command prompt or on Unix shell
    wget ---complete <url from kernel.org of the iso>

    wget is available on most OS'es including windows.
    Before you discard your 1.5gb file i highly recommend trying the above command as it has worked for me in the past to resume a botched file download via browser.

    it is unlikely that the file on kernel.org is corrupted as I checked the file size via curl command.But i cant be 100% sure though as I don't have the file yet myself.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN picture

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN

$115.00



Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026 picture

Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026

$13.99



Dell SonicWall TZ400 Network Security Appliance Firewall New picture

Dell SonicWall TZ400 Network Security Appliance Firewall New

$185.00



Start9 Server Pure 32GB 4TB Intel i7 Node StartOS — Box + PSU picture

Start9 Server Pure 32GB 4TB Intel i7 Node StartOS — Box + PSU

$649.00



Microsoft SQL Server 2025 Standard 32 Core Unlimited CAL Retail License Package picture

Microsoft SQL Server 2025 Standard 32 Core Unlimited CAL Retail License Package

$299.00



All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive picture

All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive

$15.95



Maxed HP MicroServer Gen8 3.5GHz Xeon E3-1270 V2 16GB RAM 40TB RAID 1TB SSD NAS picture

Maxed HP MicroServer Gen8 3.5GHz Xeon E3-1270 V2 16GB RAM 40TB RAID 1TB SSD NAS

$1499.00



Ubiquiti UniFi Gateway Max UXG-Max picture

Ubiquiti UniFi Gateway Max UXG-Max

$229.00



NVIDIA Jetson TK1 + Intel NUC Compute Cluster Tray w/ Netgear 16-Port Switch picture

NVIDIA Jetson TK1 + Intel NUC Compute Cluster Tray w/ Netgear 16-Port Switch

$499.99



SQL Server 2025 Enterprise 40 Core Unlimited CAL Retail License Package Per-Core picture

SQL Server 2025 Enterprise 40 Core Unlimited CAL Retail License Package Per-Core

$389.00