-
Senior Member
registered user
Knoppix 7.2 breaks PXE boot
I have successfully PXE booted Knoppix 7.0.5 using pxelinux with the following relevant settings:
Code:
kernel knoppix/linux
append nfsdir=192.168.1.200:/knoppix nodhcp lang=en apm=power-off ramdisk_size=100000 init=/etc/init nomce libata.force=noncq hpsa.hpsa_allow_any=1 loglevel=1 tz=localtime BOOT_IMAGE=KNOPPIX
initrd knoppix/miniroot.gz
After upgrading the copy of Knoppix on my NFS server to 7.2 and upgrading the files "linux" and miniroot.gz (now called minirt.gz) to the new versions, PXE boot now errors out. My pxelinux config is the same except that I have upgraded the last line to reflect the new file minirt.gz.
I get the following error message:
Code:
/init: cd: line 1: can't cd to /modules/net
Loading network device module(s)
/init: cd: line 1: can't cd to /modules/net
sh: can't access tty; job control turned off
/ #
-
Senior Member
registered user
Resolved
Sorry for the post, I fixed my own issue. After looking into this more, miniroot.gz did not change to minirt.gz. I was trying to grab the files off of the CD .iso but I forgot that it is a real pain in the butt to get a hold of both "linux" and minirt.gz since you can't get them this way. Instead you have to boot up a copy of the knoppix distro, start knoppix terminal server so that the /tftpboot dir is created, and then copy off these files from this dir. What a pain.
-
Using the DVD, terminal services do not appear to work properly. Remote station will start the boot process but fail at Probing network device handles by .ko sh cant access tty job control turned off. For example, yellowfin.sh, I can reconfigure to include yellowfin and the error just returns to the next ko thats not selected. just keeps going up the list.
Anyone ran into that?
Thanks, Tim
-
Any luck on this itman007? I've noticed several of my lab machines are not booting my knoppix PXE because they fail to load the network drivers (error displays something about the last file in modules, yellofin or zaurus.ko). I've selected all drivers when setting up knoppix terminal (select-all love on that screen please) and on another test added more drivers into modules/firmware with no luck.
-
No luck yet. Im going to need to dedicate some time to figure this out unless Werner or someone steps up. What are your lab pcs? Mine are Dell Optiplex 740s mostly.
Tags for this Thread
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray
$39.99

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$64.00

Toshiba DT01ACA100 1 TB 3.5" SATA III 3.5 in Desktop Hard Drive
$24.99

Tested WD Ultrastar DC HC520 12TB 7.2K RPM SATA 6Gb/s 3.5" HDD HUH721212ALN600
$239.99

Western Digital WD Red 4TB NAS Hard Drive WD40EFRX SATA 64MB 3.5" HDD
$95.00

Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE
$68.99

Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM003 1 TB SATA III 3.5 in Desktop Hard Drive
$23.99

Seagate ST3000NM0005 HDD 3TB SATA 6Gb/s 7.2K 3.5" 512 b/s
$59.00

HGST Ultrastar HUS726040AL5210 4TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s Enterprise HDD
$41.00

Seagate ST8000NM0075 Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD 8TB SAS Hard Drive 8TB EXOS
$184.99