-
Adding a disclaimer and skip the menu
Hello everybody, First of all I will introduce myself. I work on the networking/computing department of my faculty and we use here knoppix a lot as tool for networking exercises. We use a customized live CD, but it's quite old, 4.0. And well since I'm the "linux guy" here I have been told to update this CD. My intention is to use this guide: http://knoppix.net/wiki/Knoppix_Remastering_Howto And I do know how to do all I want with two exceptions. They are not mandatory but I would be a nice detail. The first one is to add a small disclaimer. Just ramarking that this is a version modified by the department "wahtever" at the faculty "whatever". Where and how do I put such a message, the idea is making it appear once while booting and that's it. The second one is to bypass the menu that boots at start. I really don't know where it comes from and I need my live CD to boot directly to the shell. And that's it, hope to get some help. Thanks a lot
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

(LOT of 8) Samsung 32GB 2Rx4 PC4-2666V-RB2-12 DDR4 Cisco Server RAM Tested 100%
$1299.99

SMART(Micron)SafeStor 32GB(1X32GB) 1RX4 NN4-3200AA(DDR4) HPE Server Memory
$159.98

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98

SK hynix 32GB 4x8GB PC4-2400T DDR4 ECC RDIMM Server RAM HMA41GR7AFR4N-UH
$125.00

Server Memory: Samsung 32GB 4DRx4 PC4-2133P ECC LRDIMM DDR4 M386A4G40DM0-CPB
$124.95

16GB Total of SK hynix PC3L-12800S 2 sticks of 8GB each = 16GB Laptop Memory
$27.95

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68

Micro SD Adapter To SD HC SDHC Memory Card Adapter Reader NEW
$1.39

5 in 1 Memory Card Reader USB 3.0 OTG Adapter SD Card Reader For iPhone/iPad LOT
$9.99