Welcome, I've upgraded the system (it took some 8 hours) and then I run as root
Code:
 hp-setup
setup found my printer and suggested downloading driver from http://hplipopensource.com installing the driver didn't help so I run
Code:
hp-check -t
the proposed option was
hp-check can be run in three modes:
1. Compile-time check mode (-c or --compile): Use this mode before compiling the HPLIP supplied tarball
(.tar.gz or .run) to determine if the proper dependencies are installed to successfully compile HPLIP.
2. Run-time check mode (-r or --run): Use this mode to determine if a distro supplied package (.deb,
.rpm, etc) or an already built HPLIP supplied tarball has the proper dependencies installed to
successfully run.
3. Both compile- and run-time check mode (-b or --both) (Default): This mode will check both of the
above cases (both compile- and run-time dependencies).
Ihave choosen --both.
It comes out there was some mistakes in groups
MISSING ['lp', 'lpadmin']
and lack of some libraries and missing dependencies
Missing Required Dependencies
-----------------------------
error: 'libdbus-1-dev' package is missing/incompatible
error: 'libjpeg62-dev' package is missing/incompatible
error: 'python-dev' package is missing/incompatible
error: 'libsane-dev' package is missing/incompatible
error: 'libusb-1.0.0-dev' package is missing/incompatible
error: 'libcupsimage2' package is missing/incompatible
error: 'libcupsimage2-dev' package is missing/incompatible
error: 'libsnmp-dev' package is missing/incompatible
after correcting all this mess I was asked to reboot system to take effect of user group.
Finally I could print something
Anyhow each start of the system needs to go to Printer Configuration from Menu -> Preferences and to choose my HP LaserJet 1200 printer. If no than "Generic Printer" is chosen and no printing at all.
So I think the best way is to try (as root)
Code:
hp-setup
and then
Code:
hp-check -t
and it could help to force this printer to work
thank you for the suggestions and help
gss