-
7.0.5 video problem
Hi,
I'm having difficulty upgrading from 6.7.1 to 7.0.5. My PC is a Shuttle XS35V3, and I boot Knoppix from USB using YUMI. The PC has dual screen support, one screen uses DVI and the other HDMI. Both are connected to 1280x1024 monitors but the HDMI monitor is normally not powered on.
This configuration works fine with 6.7.1. It boots up on the DVI monitor in 1280x1024 mode. However there is a video problem with 7.0.5. It starts booting up on the DVI monitor in 1280x1024, but then switches to the HDMI monitor in 1024x768 mode. The last text I see on the DVI monitor is "Starting DRM".
I'm just a Knoppix user, and am not familiar with its installation details. However I tried a few things. On the 2nd line of isolinux.cfg, just after APPEND, I added nodrm. That didn't help. I also tried video=1280x1024, but that didn't help either. I also tried replacing the entire 7.0.5 isolinux directory with the one from 6.7.1. That fixed the video problem, but prevented Knoppix from finding my internet connection.
I would appreciate your help. I would like to configure 7.0.5 to boot up in 1280x1024 mode on the DVI monitor. I suspect this is possible since 6.7.1 is doing that.
Thanks,
piecat
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

LOT OF 8 Samsung 32gb 2Rx8 PC4-3200AA RE3 12 DC1 Server Memory M393A4G43AB3
$1849.95

SK Hynix 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-11 RAM HMA84GR7AFR4N-VK
$169.95

Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11
$62.50

Lot Of 16Micron MTA36ASF2G72PZ-2G1A2IJ 16GB 2Rx4 PC4-2133P-RB0-10 ECC Server Ram
$960.00

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot
$3.75

SET OF 8 (64GB) - Micron MTA9ASF1G72PZ 8GB 1RX8 PC4-2666V-RD1-11 Memory
$225.00

Samsung 32GB DDR4 2133MHz ECC Registered Server RAM M393A4K40BB0-CPB0Q
$144.95

Lot Of 8 Micron 8GB 2Rx8 PC4-2666V-RE2-11 ECC REG Server Ram MTA18ASF1G72PDZ-2G6
$210.00