Hello,
I'm old in age (193) and new to the Cell-Phone-World of the 21st Century!
I recently bought a factory un-locked Samsung Galaxy S4, which I mostly use for Internet browsing via Wi-Fi and taking pictures - and occasionally I use a Pay-As-You-Go SIMcard to make phone calls,
On my Desktop I run now Knoppix 7.2 and I want to transfer data between the two via USB connection. If I connect the phone to an USB port, I get a signal on the phone but I can't find the device on the PC.
I checked folder "media" but there was no hint to the phone.
I'm kind of lost. Can somebody, please, tell me what I'm doing wrong or what is missing?

Lot of 500 Cisco 10-3145-02 QSFP-100G-CWDM4-S 100G CWDM4 QSFP28 Transceiver
$1500.00
Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99
Cisco 8-Port Ethernet Catalyst Switch - WS-C2960C-8TC-L - Brand New
$50.00
Cisco XFP-10G-MM-SR 10G XFP Transceiver
$79.89
Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40
Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch
$439.00
Cisco C3850-NM-2-10G Catalyst 3850 2 x 10GE Network Module
$30.00
Cisco Catalyst C9120AXI-B Wi-Fi 6 Access Points
$36.00
Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New
$101.99
Cisco C9300L-STACK-KIT2 Network Stacking Module Kit Catalyst 9300L & 9300LM New
$495.57