Hello,
I'm old in age (193) and new to the Cell-Phone-World of the 21st Century!
I recently bought a factory un-locked Samsung Galaxy S4, which I mostly use for Internet browsing via Wi-Fi and taking pictures - and occasionally I use a Pay-As-You-Go SIMcard to make phone calls,
On my Desktop I run now Knoppix 7.2 and I want to transfer data between the two via USB connection. If I connect the phone to an USB port, I get a signal on the phone but I can't find the device on the PC.
I checked folder "media" but there was no hint to the phone.
I'm kind of lost. Can somebody, please, tell me what I'm doing wrong or what is missing?

Seagate Exos 7E8 4TB 3.5" SAS ST4000NM0025
$22.00
Seagate 14TB Exos X14 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s 256MB 3.5" Enterprise HDD ST14000NM0408
$354.99
Seagate Exos X16 ST10000NM010G 10TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e/4Kn HDD
$199.00
Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$69.00
Hitachi / HGST Travelstar HTS541010B7E610 1TB 2.5" SATA III HDD
$29.99
Seagate ST6000NM0115 6TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5" SATA 6.0Gb/s Enterprise Hard Drive
$159.99
HGST HUS724040ALA640 4TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.5" Internal Desktop Drive 100% Health
$78.00
HITACHI ULTRASTAR 2TB 7.2K 6G 3.5INCH SATA HDD HUS724020ALA640 | TESTED WIPED
$34.95
New Western Digital WD40EFPX 68C6CN0 4TB 3.5" SATA III Internal NAS Red Plus HDD
$137.59
Seagate BarraCuda ST1000DM010 1TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s Hard Drive
$63.99