-
Senior Member
registered user
Switch to Knoppix OS in ISO via an active Linux OS in Runlevel5 and GUI
Suppose I have Debian running in my system, and have a knoppix iso at the root of a partition.
Now, say I mount the Knoppix iso via loopback.
Then is it possible for me to switch over to knoppix from that Debian system by chroot and run knoppix normally, from runlevel1 to entering Runlevel5 and GDE or KDE?
I know it is possible, because that's what Knoppix does when the BIOS hands over the controls to the Bootloader, but I can't find posts specifically on the issue. There may be - and I believe there are - but my search using the key words like "switch loopback iso chroot boot knoppix" does not yield encouraging results.
Could any of you, who is aware of such a post, direct me to that link please?
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Refurbished Working 1960's Heathkit EC-1 Educational Electronic Analog Computer
$2999.99

Vintage George A Philbrick Researches Tube Analog Computer Module Serial 005503
$109.99

1969 EAI TR-20 Analog Computer Programming PACE Philbrick Electronic Associates
$36.00

Vintage 1970’s Analogic MP2110 10-Bit A/D Converter Computer Circuit Board
$24.99

Vintage Analog Computing Magazines For Atari Computer Owners No 11-20 Acceptable
$75.00

Extron RGB-160XI Analog Computer Video 60-378-01
$127.06

Vintage Goodyear Electronic GEDA Analog Computer Plug -- Extremely Rare
$179.00

Vintage Early Week 12 1984 Apple Macintosh 128K Computer M0001 w/Analog Board+
$209.99

NOB VINTAGE Earthlink MailStation Standard 120 - Email Appliance
$29.99

Pinnacle Systems GmbH BigBen-51015544-1.2A PCI Video Capture Card
$26.21