-
Knoppix 7.2 Poorman's Install boot failure
I read the two wiki articles on HD install. The older seems to be somewhat dated, while the newer does not have much detail. So, I improvised. Clearly, I am still doing something wrong. Pointers would be appreciated.
I found that the /tohd=/dev/sda1 cheat code did not populate the C:/KNOPPIX directory on a USB live boot.
I then manually copied the linux (4.3 MB) and minirt.gz (930.8 KB) files to the C:/KNOPPIX directory, along with the background.jpg, knoppix-cheatcodes.txt, both logo files, and index_en.html.
Next, I booted Crunchbang (Debian Wheezy) and prepared a 40_custom file in /etc/grub.d. Contents --
Code:
menuentry "Knoppix 7.2" {
set root=(hd0,1)
linux /KNOPPIX/linux no3d nostartsound tz=America/New_York
initrd /KNOPPIX/minirt.gz
}
I then did "update-grub" and rebooted. I selected the Knoppix line in the grub menu and got lots of boot message lines followed by --
Code:
Searching for Knoppix 7.2
Waiting (USB)...
Could not mount disk to /mnt-system. Starting debugging shell.
Note that I used "/KNOPPIX" rather than "(KNOPPIX" on the minirt.gz line, which differs from the wiki. I believe that the wiki is wrong -- http://knoppix.net/wiki/Category:Har...e_Installation
Code:
menuentry "Knoppix" {
set root=(hd0,1)
linux /KNOPPIX/linux (.. other boot-parameter ..)
initrd (KNOPPIX/minirt.gz
}
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR
$95.20

Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working
$149.99

Cisco UCS 5108 Blade Server Chassis Enclosure N20-C6508 4x PSU 8x Fans 2x Fabric
$174.99

Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 2.8ghz 20-Cores | 128GB
$149.99

Datto S4P10 1U Blade Rack Server Intel Xeon D-2143IT 2.20GHz 48GB DDR4 4-Bay PSU
$197.76

Dell PowerEdge VRTX 2.5"x25 Bay Blade Enclosure 4x1600W + 4X M640 (4X Blades)
$1599.99

Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays
$799.99

HPE PROLIANT BL460C GEN 9 813198-B21 2.5"x2 Server Blade SEE NOTES
$21.08

Dell Poweredge VRTX 25Bay 2.5" 2x PERC 8, 2xCMC, I/O 1GB Pass Through, 4x PS
$578.08

Intel H2000 4 Node H2216XXKR, 2x 1600w PSU HPC Server Chassis 16x 2.5"
$199.99