Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: How do I make a HP scanjet 2300c scanner work.

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    536

    How do I make a HP scanjet 2300c scanner work.

    I can see the scanner along with the printer coming from hub #2 but I don't know how to make it work. I've been trying to find info about this through this forum but nothing that helps much.

    How do I get a desktop icon to start the program that runs the scanner?

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    260
    Hi, I checked the sane (scanner access now easy) site and unfortunately your scanner is not supported by sane. See link

    http://www.sane-project.org/cgi-bin/...=2300c&bus=usb

    There may be another method of getting your scanner recognized. There are propritary programs for scanners under linux. I haven't used them so don't know much about them.

    As far as desktops icons go you may have kooka ( a slightly different scanner frontend on your system. Look in graphics. or do alt-F2 and type kooka or xsane in the box that appears.

    It would help to know what desktop you are running-assuming kde though.

    desktop icons are created by a right mouse click and selecting Create New>File>Link to Application. Then you would need to browse for the application excecutable.

Similar Threads

  1. How do I make apt-get work?
    By turbine in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-22-2004, 05:50 AM
  2. Help getting scanner to work.
    By rrfish72 in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-28-2004, 12:49 AM
  3. Getting Scanner to work
    By OCTOGEN in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-18-2004, 07:45 PM
  4. HP ScanJet 3400C scanner not working
    By Mogiin in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-17-2003, 07:05 PM
  5. how do you make apt work like it's supposed to?
    By three eyes open in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-01-2003, 07:29 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP,  (6 CDS) picture

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)

$10.00



KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit picture

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit

$19.99



Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive picture

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive

$5.99



KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED picture

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED

$11.99



Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick

$20.85



VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION) picture

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)

$7.57



Knoppix NSM 1.2 picture

Knoppix NSM 1.2

$8.00



Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick

$21.42



Hamshack Live DVD-ROM picture

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM

$7.00



Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006 picture

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006

$33.66