-
Senior Member
registered user
Sorry for all your enthousiasme but the USB ports give trouble for the epia
motherboards on the latest knoppix release 06/06/2003.
Origin of the problem is the VIA chipset.
So if you're planning on constructing somthing with USB devices ,be warned.... .
meaning :
I think there is still a bug in the usb driver of the latest knoppix release. Meaning :
I am creating a webcamserver (for several usb webcams ,using the motion soft) but I'm struggeling already for several weeks)
Till upon now when I discovered the error :
ov511.c: ERROR: urb->status=-75: Babble (bad cable?)
I've found the answer on the net (http://alpha.dyndns.org/ov511/faq.html
Q: My camera is detected properly, but I get errors about "endpoint stall", "babble", "error -75", or "error -110" when I try to use it.
A: Do you have a VIA chipset? VIA USB controllers seem to have problems under Linux. You should report such problems to the usb-uhci or uhci driver maintainers. Also, make sure USB is enabled in your BIOS.
My hardware config is the EPIA V8000 with OV511 based webcams.
Since I think the USB stuff is a part of the kernel ,how can I oversome this problem ?
Has anybody had a similar problem ?
Greetings from Belgium,
Koen
Similar Threads
-
By zakmen in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-21-2005, 02:33 PM
-
By fusero in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-05-2004, 05:54 PM
-
By Pjotr in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 02-06-2004, 06:07 PM
-
By impresario in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-25-2003, 07:58 PM
-
By yoyo in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-21-2003, 07:54 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00
$1619.30

Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003
$639.69

BROADCOM 05-50077-01 PCI-E 4.0 x8 PCI-Express MegaRAID 9560-8i RAID Controller
$739.99

Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD
$265.00

Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller
$64.99

OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad 4 Bay RAID Storage Enclosure USB 3.1 Gen 2 No Drives
$149.95

Inspur LSI YZCA-00424-101 12Gbps SAS 3.0 RAID Controller CARD HBA HDD
$14.99

Cisco UCSB-MRAID12G FlexStorage 12G SAS Raid Controller
$23.99

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99

Dell EMC 15-Bay 3.5" SAS Disk Array Enclosure 12Gbps Dual LCC - 2x Power Supply
$249.00