Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: How do I disable CDROM drive?

Threaded View

  1. #1

    How do I disable CDROM drive?

    Hi folksSORRY - I'VE LAYED OUT MY POST NEATLY, BUT THE SITE JUST BUNCHES ALL THE TEXT UP.
    Summary of what I'd like to do:
    1. Could you fine chaps tell me how to disable my CDROM drive, and how to re-enable it, at will.

    Details:
    0. Got knoppix distro 7.0.2, kernel release 3.3.7, on hard disk, on Acer Aspire 5755G laptop.

    1. When I use the Kate text editor, and select File/Open, the process is SLOWED DOWN by having to wait for the CDROM drive to spin up to speed (and make itself available), before Kate's Open dialogue is shown.

    2. I rarely need files off the CDROM drive when using Kate (or anything else), so I'd like to disable the CDROM drive, so that Kate doesn't waste this time looking at it.

    3. I believe that if I remove the CD that's currently in the drive, that that will stop Kate looking at the CDROM drive, but I want to leave the CD in the drive.I would be most grateful for your technical assistance.

    Thanks.John


    -------------------------
    Formatted by moderator
    Use double "new line" for new section.

    You can use the "Go Advanced" button to have more abilities to format the posting; before sending your posting use "Preview" to see how it looks like.

    If "noscript" is active for http://knoppix.net/forum/ disable it for this website; otherwise you cannot use the format abilities.
    wps
    Last edited by Werner P. Schulz; 09-25-2013 at 12:19 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


INFO/soft Character Generator Manual for Atari 3000/5000/7000 NTSC picture

INFO/soft Character Generator Manual for Atari 3000/5000/7000 NTSC

$40.00



DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive  powers on Unit Only Boo G3D picture

DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive powers on Unit Only Boo G3D

$49.29



Atari 800 8-bit Computer System Fully Tested Great Condition 48k READ picture

Atari 800 8-bit Computer System Fully Tested Great Condition 48k READ

$350.00



VTG Atari 1200XL Home Computer System 1200 XL ** Tested ** Parts or Repair picture

VTG Atari 1200XL Home Computer System 1200 XL ** Tested ** Parts or Repair

$323.75



Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working picture

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working

$99.99



Atari XE  130XE Computer NTSC with Power Supply Powers On Untested picture

Atari XE 130XE Computer NTSC with Power Supply Powers On Untested

$159.95



Atari OS & Memory Expansion Cartridges Lot - Untested Possibly For Parts/Repairs picture

Atari OS & Memory Expansion Cartridges Lot - Untested Possibly For Parts/Repairs

$149.97



Gotek USB Floppy Emulator v3.44 OLED (no speaker) Amiga Atari IBM Roland AKAI picture

Gotek USB Floppy Emulator v3.44 OLED (no speaker) Amiga Atari IBM Roland AKAI

$44.00



Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On) picture

Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On)

$300.00



UNOCART-2600 SD card Multi Rom Cartridge for ATARI 2600 with CASE picture

UNOCART-2600 SD card Multi Rom Cartridge for ATARI 2600 with CASE

$34.25