Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Rotate screen?

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    4

    Rotate screen?

    All my personal settings save just fine except rotate screen. Does anyone know how I can save my Screen Layout Editor settings in persistence?

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    512
    I think you should write a shell script that instructs ARandR to use a special screen layout. Since Knoppix is intended to be portable you could place a suitable desktop file on you desktop.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by klaus2008 View Post
    I think you should write a shell script that instructs ARandR to use a special screen layout. Since Knoppix is intended to be portable you could place a suitable desktop file on you desktop.
    I do not know how to write scripts. If someone shows me what to type in terminal I can do that. I use Knoppix as my main OS on my home PC. It is a good OS and I really like it. I am using an NEC 24" monitor with a 16:10 aspect ratio. I prefer web browsing with my monitor in the vertical position because I do not have to scroll so much.

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    512
    In this case you can create a shell script with the 'Screen Layout Editor'. Start ARandR from the 'Preferences' section of the menu. Apply all your screen settings. Then use 'Save As' from the 'Layout' menu. Navigate to your Desktop folder and enter a name. Click on the 'Open' button. A file will appear on your desktop. You can open this file with a text editor like leafpad.
    Next time you boot up your system you can click on this file and execute it in order to restore your screen layout.

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by klaus2008 View Post
    in this case ..
    thank you!
    Last edited by Werner P. Schulz; 10-20-2013 at 07:23 AM. Reason: full quote shorted

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


MITS 88 SIOB Serial-TT, An Single Serial I/O Port S-100Board For the Altair 8800 picture

MITS 88 SIOB Serial-TT, An Single Serial I/O Port S-100Board For the Altair 8800

$189.95



Vintage Rare California Computer Systems Boards for Altair IMSAI S-100 Systems picture

Vintage Rare California Computer Systems Boards for Altair IMSAI S-100 Systems

$275.00



Vintage Rare Cromemco Boards for Altair IMSAI S-100 Systems picture

Vintage Rare Cromemco Boards for Altair IMSAI S-100 Systems

$225.00



Vintage Octagon 256K Static RAM (32 x HM6264LP-12) Board S-100 Altair IMSAI picture

Vintage Octagon 256K Static RAM (32 x HM6264LP-12) Board S-100 Altair IMSAI

$150.00



S-100 backplane motherboard bare PCB 9 slot (for Altair/IMSAI) picture

S-100 backplane motherboard bare PCB 9 slot (for Altair/IMSAI)

$34.99



Intel 4004 IBM Mark 1 UNIVAC Cray-1 Babbage ENIAC Apple 1 Steve Jobs MITS Altair picture

Intel 4004 IBM Mark 1 UNIVAC Cray-1 Babbage ENIAC Apple 1 Steve Jobs MITS Altair

$48.00



Build S-100 Bus Computer Peripherals Altair 8800 IMSAI + Apple II Commodore PET picture

Build S-100 Bus Computer Peripherals Altair 8800 IMSAI + Apple II Commodore PET

$69.99



Vintage Digital Research ZSID 1.4 8

Vintage Digital Research ZSID 1.4 8" Floppy Disk CP/M Z80 Software S-100 Altair

$69.99



CP/M 86 1.1R 8086 Highmonitor 8 Inch Floppy Diskette 80s IMSAI Altair picture

CP/M 86 1.1R 8086 Highmonitor 8 Inch Floppy Diskette 80s IMSAI Altair

$29.99



1976 Vintage CPU Guide Intel C4004 8008 CDP1802 IMP-16 PACE M6800 Rockwell PPS-4 picture

1976 Vintage CPU Guide Intel C4004 8008 CDP1802 IMP-16 PACE M6800 Rockwell PPS-4

$59.99