Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Rotate screen?

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    4

    Rotate screen?

    All my personal settings save just fine except rotate screen. Does anyone know how I can save my Screen Layout Editor settings in persistence?

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    512
    I think you should write a shell script that instructs ARandR to use a special screen layout. Since Knoppix is intended to be portable you could place a suitable desktop file on you desktop.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by klaus2008 View Post
    I think you should write a shell script that instructs ARandR to use a special screen layout. Since Knoppix is intended to be portable you could place a suitable desktop file on you desktop.
    I do not know how to write scripts. If someone shows me what to type in terminal I can do that. I use Knoppix as my main OS on my home PC. It is a good OS and I really like it. I am using an NEC 24" monitor with a 16:10 aspect ratio. I prefer web browsing with my monitor in the vertical position because I do not have to scroll so much.

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    512
    In this case you can create a shell script with the 'Screen Layout Editor'. Start ARandR from the 'Preferences' section of the menu. Apply all your screen settings. Then use 'Save As' from the 'Layout' menu. Navigate to your Desktop folder and enter a name. Click on the 'Open' button. A file will appear on your desktop. You can open this file with a text editor like leafpad.
    Next time you boot up your system you can click on this file and execute it in order to restore your screen layout.

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by klaus2008 View Post
    in this case ..
    thank you!
    Last edited by Werner P. Schulz; 10-20-2013 at 07:23 AM. Reason: full quote shorted

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX picture

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX

$59.99



Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery picture

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery

$54.99



ASUS PRIME Z490-P LGA 1200 Intel Z490 SATA 6Gb/s ATX Intel Motherboard NEW picture

ASUS PRIME Z490-P LGA 1200 Intel Z490 SATA 6Gb/s ATX Intel Motherboard NEW

$121.45



MSI B560M Pro-E LGA 1200 Intel B560 M-ATX Intel Motherboard Intel 10th 11th gen picture

MSI B560M Pro-E LGA 1200 Intel B560 M-ATX Intel Motherboard Intel 10th 11th gen

$69.99



ASRock B550M PRO4 AM4 AMD B550 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard picture

ASRock B550M PRO4 AM4 AMD B550 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard

$76.49



ASRock B550M Phantom Gaming 4 AM4 AMD B550 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard picture

ASRock B550M Phantom Gaming 4 AM4 AMD B550 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard

$71.49



ASUS PRIME Z370-A II LGA 1151 Intel Z370 DDR4 DIMM USB3.1 DVI  ATX RGB picture

ASUS PRIME Z370-A II LGA 1151 Intel Z370 DDR4 DIMM USB3.1 DVI ATX RGB

$69.99



GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard picture

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard

$59.99



ASUS PRIME H410M-K LGA 1200 Intel 10th Gen H410 DDR4 USB3.2 Motherboard M-ATX picture

ASUS PRIME H410M-K LGA 1200 Intel 10th Gen H410 DDR4 USB3.2 Motherboard M-ATX

$59.99



GIGABYTE H610M S2H V2 Motherboard, Supports 14th/13th/12th Gen Intel Core i5 i7 picture

GIGABYTE H610M S2H V2 Motherboard, Supports 14th/13th/12th Gen Intel Core i5 i7

$69.59