Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Rotate screen?

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    4

    Rotate screen?

    All my personal settings save just fine except rotate screen. Does anyone know how I can save my Screen Layout Editor settings in persistence?

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    512
    I think you should write a shell script that instructs ARandR to use a special screen layout. Since Knoppix is intended to be portable you could place a suitable desktop file on you desktop.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by klaus2008 View Post
    I think you should write a shell script that instructs ARandR to use a special screen layout. Since Knoppix is intended to be portable you could place a suitable desktop file on you desktop.
    I do not know how to write scripts. If someone shows me what to type in terminal I can do that. I use Knoppix as my main OS on my home PC. It is a good OS and I really like it. I am using an NEC 24" monitor with a 16:10 aspect ratio. I prefer web browsing with my monitor in the vertical position because I do not have to scroll so much.

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    512
    In this case you can create a shell script with the 'Screen Layout Editor'. Start ARandR from the 'Preferences' section of the menu. Apply all your screen settings. Then use 'Save As' from the 'Layout' menu. Navigate to your Desktop folder and enter a name. Click on the 'Open' button. A file will appear on your desktop. You can open this file with a text editor like leafpad.
    Next time you boot up your system you can click on this file and execute it in order to restore your screen layout.

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by klaus2008 View Post
    in this case ..
    thank you!
    Last edited by Werner P. Schulz; 10-20-2013 at 07:23 AM. Reason: full quote shorted

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot picture

Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot

$316.95



Vintage NEC CDR-1410A 50 Pin SCSI CD-ROM Optical Drive Used picture

Vintage NEC CDR-1410A 50 Pin SCSI CD-ROM Optical Drive Used

$39.99



Vintage Panasonic Sr. Partner RL-H7000 Computer w/Service Manual & DOS Disks Cov picture

Vintage Panasonic Sr. Partner RL-H7000 Computer w/Service Manual & DOS Disks Cov

$275.00



VINTAGE FACTORY SEALED MICROSOFT INTERNET EXPLORER 4.0 CD-ROM - NEW RARE BLUE CD picture

VINTAGE FACTORY SEALED MICROSOFT INTERNET EXPLORER 4.0 CD-ROM - NEW RARE BLUE CD

$34.99



Vintage Magitronic A-IDE104VL Winbond VL-Bus Super I/O Card PTI-255W V1.2 picture

Vintage Magitronic A-IDE104VL Winbond VL-Bus Super I/O Card PTI-255W V1.2

$89.95



Vintage Apple Newton Connection Kit for Macintosh, Other Type picture

Vintage Apple Newton Connection Kit for Macintosh, Other Type

$125.00



Vintage Working Apple IIc and Monitor.  With Packaging. A collector's dream picture

Vintage Working Apple IIc and Monitor. With Packaging. A collector's dream

$659.99



Vintage Paradise VGA Plus 16 ISA Video Card 1988 Western Digital PVGA1A TESTED picture

Vintage Paradise VGA Plus 16 ISA Video Card 1988 Western Digital PVGA1A TESTED

$89.99



Toshiba T1000 Vintage Laptop PC, 1 power supplies, manuals, and original bag picture

Toshiba T1000 Vintage Laptop PC, 1 power supplies, manuals, and original bag

$119.99



Vintage AppleCD 300i Plus CD-ROM Optical Drive SCSI 1993 Used picture

Vintage AppleCD 300i Plus CD-ROM Optical Drive SCSI 1993 Used

$47.99