-
Samsung 700T: boots YES, console YES, hi-res X NO
Just got a horrible Samsung keyboard + detachable touch screen running even more horrible W8. Boots into KNOPPIX just fine using
$ knoppix 2
to get to a console but default boot or
$ startx
from the console leads to flashing lights then steady state vertical bright lines.
I've tried all the cheatcodes that I can think of. Anybody got lucky with this class of machine?
Thank you!
Fergus
PS I usually achieve everything I want from the console including disk access but fdisk does not work: to access the partition structure I am being told I must use gparted: hence the requirement for a visible X screen.
-
Senior Member
update
I've been unable to access my 64GB LEXAR SDXC flash card under Knoppix 7.2 64- bit. I'm using an ASUS N550JV laptop, and in the internal SD/XC slot Knoppix simply doesn't acknowldege the card. In a Verbatim USB 3.0 card reader, "sdg1" appears briefly, then disappears. If I happen to click on it before it vanishes, a popup reports "invalid directory". Very frustrating. In an older Toshiba A500, I was able to access the card in the internal slot with Knoppix 7.2.
Last edited by otropogo; 04-03-2014 at 10:36 PM.
-
Senior Member
A Sony 8GB SDHC card doesn't appear in either slot either. I tried shortening the USB3.0 cable, cutting out the powered usb3.0 hub, but nothing worked. Eventually sdg1 appeared steadily, but clicking on it showed only "no sub-folders". There are also (from the first) folders named sdc1 and sdc2 in the media folder that display the same result. OTOH, a 2TB usb3.0 hdd shows up as sd1, and it can be read and written to, but cannot be unmounted.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC
$49.99

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$269.10

Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive
$35.00

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB
$8.47

Lot 5/10pcs USB Flash Drive Memory Stick 1MB-64GB Pendrive Thumb Drive 8GB 32GB
$282.00

LOT 10x SanDisk 32GB ULTRA USB 3.0 flash drive SDCZ48-032G 32 GB read 100 MB/s
$39.80

128GB USB 14-in-1 MacOS bootable Installer repair recovery tech support service
$39.99

SAMSUNG FIT PLUS 128GB USB 3.1 Flash Drive - fully working & authentic
$24.95