Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: 7.2 installed on hdd, key board layout problem

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    1

    7.2 installed on hdd, key board layout problem

    I installed 7.2 Knoppix (form DVD) on HDD. I live in Turkey, and need to use Turkish keyboard layout.
    I booted from DVD using keyboard=tr option, so I got Turkish layout on Live session from DVD.

    When I boot from HDD, I could not switch to tr keyboard layout.
    I changed the layout to tr from Preferences>KDE System settings>Input Devices>Layouts, and also removed us layout. Switching policy is set to Global. Shortcut for switching is set to Alt+Shift. Layout indicator is Show Flag in the same keyboard settings layout panel.

    I rebooted, but there were no changes. I added keyboard switcher to the task bar and it is showing US flag as the only option.
    In /etc/X11/app-defaults/XVkbd, I edited ≠include ''XVkbd-turkish'', to no avail.
    I am sure that Turkish character set is included in Knoppix 7.2 DVD, but how to make it work on HDD install?

    What is the correct way to add and be able to switch to a local keyboard layout(s) can any knowledgable person guide us please?
    My searches within the forum and google showed that there are others who would benefit from a working solution. (or if there is none this would be a valuable information as well)


    Incidentally, though I think it is not pertinent for the keyboard problem, I encountered a boot loader problem as well.

    I performed a HDD install on a 50 gb partition. Upon reboot from HDD I realised that Grub was not installed at MBR despite that Knoppix had warned me that it was overwriting another grub installation (from a previous Ubuntu install). So I installed Pinguy (ubuntu) 12.04 to another partition, thus got Grub working and recognising Knoppix install.

    Many thanks for your time

    Emir Yusuf

  2. #2
    Moderator Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Germany/ Dietzenbach
    Posts
    1,124
    http://knoppix.net/wiki/Cheat_Codes#Micro-Remastering

    In your case with HD installation you have to insert (using a root terminal) the proper cheatcodes within
    '/boot/grub/menu.lst' at the "kernel" lines. Knoppix doesn't use KDE4-settings.

    The warning message of GRUB install and MBR is only inportant in case of dual boot installation. If you don't have a dual boot installation, you must install GRUB at MBR; otherwise you cannot boot Knoppix.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot picture

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot

$285.90



Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11 picture

Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11

$62.50



TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot picture

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot

$573.98



LOT OF 3 Micron 16GB 2Rx8 PC4-3200AA DDR4 ECC Server Memory picture

LOT OF 3 Micron 16GB 2Rx8 PC4-3200AA DDR4 ECC Server Memory

$255.00



USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack picture

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack

$826.09



SK Hynix 32GB Server Memory 2Rx4 PC4-2400T-R81-11 HMA84GR7MFR4N-UH Server RAM picture

SK Hynix 32GB Server Memory 2Rx4 PC4-2400T-R81-11 HMA84GR7MFR4N-UH Server RAM

$169.99



LOT OF 4 Micron 16GB DDR4-2400 RDIMM 2Rx4 MTA36ASF2G72PZ-2G3B1QG picture

LOT OF 4 Micron 16GB DDR4-2400 RDIMM 2Rx4 MTA36ASF2G72PZ-2G3B1QG

$239.99



128GB (4x32GB) SK hynix DDR4 PC4-2666V RDIMM ECC Server Ram HMA84GR7CJR4N-VK picture

128GB (4x32GB) SK hynix DDR4 PC4-2666V RDIMM ECC Server Ram HMA84GR7CJR4N-VK

$799.00



5 in 1 Memory Card Reader USB 3.0 OTG Adapter SD Card Reader For iPhone/iPad LOT picture

5 in 1 Memory Card Reader USB 3.0 OTG Adapter SD Card Reader For iPhone/iPad LOT

$9.99



Microsoft Windows 11 Home 64-Bit USB Flash Drive + Key Retail Box - Original picture

Microsoft Windows 11 Home 64-Bit USB Flash Drive + Key Retail Box - Original

$39.88