Quote Originally Posted by Jeffery Mewtamer View Post
So, is Yuffie Boot something Microsoft came up with to try and stop people from Dual booting other Operating Systems, or does it have some actual benefit?.. . .
UEFI is not just Microsoft's doing, it's a joint scheme the major PC manufacturers and even Red Hat Linux (from what I've read) have bought into. I'm guessing it's part of a general plan to make the PC user completely locked in to a single channel of support for both hardware and software, including the simplest maintenance (see my rant about my ASUS battery above, which, although hardly used more than three hours off charge since bought, is losing 3% of its charge when shut down after a full charge). You can see this in the connectivity requirements, where when you buy software apps now, or even download freeware, you're required to expose your machine to the net. Sometimes you can't run the software without going online first.

I've bought software on disk which I haven't been able to install because my Windows system couldn't make a connection with the net.