Results 1 to 10 of 26

Thread: Video problem with 7.2.0

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    28
    Thanks for your time Klaus.

    I have tried with cheat code 'knoppix no3d', the machine now stops during boot with error

    'grep: /etc/x11/xorg.conf: Input/output error

    I think, to avoid wasting your time, I will start from a fresh install and follow your instructions again to install the nVidia driver and see what happens.

    I should mention that I use the ADRIANE-KNOPPIX_V7.2.0g-CD-2013-07-28=EN ISO in case this has any bearing on the matter.

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    28
    Here are some screenshots that I took yesterday, before installing the nVidia driver:

    Screenshot1.pngScreenshot2.pngScreenshot3.pngScreenshot4.png

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    28
    So just to update this, I have done a fresh install of the 7.2.0 ISO onto two different USB sticks, just to rule out possible USB stick issues. Both installations have failed after a few minutes - the screen images deteriorate and the OS becomes unusable. I am now back to using a fresh install of 6.7.1 on one of these same USB sticks and it's been working fine for the last hour or so. Below are a couple of photos of what happens to the screen:

    IMG_0067.JPGIMG_0069.JPG

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    28
    I still have not resolved this issue with my limited Linux experience. I have tested now three times with a fresh install, the results are as follows:

    Fresh install, no cheat codes, no additional drivers: Screen image deteriorates after a while (variable) and machine has to be rebooted.
    Fresh install, no cheat codes, appropriate nVidia drivers installed: Machine freezes after a short while and has to be rebooted.
    Fresh install, no3d cheat code: running fine, uptime several hours now.

    The no3d code is what Klaus suggested previously, I tried it after I'd already had some issues with the same install and it didn't work out. It seems to work fine when used with a fresh install.

  5. #5
    Moderator Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Germany/ Dietzenbach
    Posts
    1,124
    Did you ever tested the md5sum (=> Test the ISO) of your download and/or the integrity of your DVD/CD and of your flash install with the cheatcode "knoppix testcd"?

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by Werner P. Schulz View Post
    Did you ever tested the md5sum (=> Test the ISO) of your download and/or the integrity of your DVD/CD and of your flash install with the cheatcode "knoppix testcd"?
    I tested the md5sum after downloaf, it was good. I have just run cheatcode "knoppix testcd".the system reports "All files OK".

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    28
    Also for further information: In the last few days I had the opportunity to test the following distros, some of which also gave problems with screen display on the same machine:

    Peppermint 4
    Ubuntu 12.04 screen also deteriorates, no solution found
    Bodhi 2.4
    Slax 7.0.8
    Porteus 2.1 screen also deteriorates, still trying to resolve it

    I think my best solution is to get another laptop without nVidia card

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack picture

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack

$826.09



Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC picture

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC

$49.99



1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot picture

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot

$269.10



Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet picture

Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet

$147.00



Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot picture

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot

$285.90



USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB picture

USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB

$8.47



LOT 10x SanDisk 32GB ULTRA USB 3.0 flash drive SDCZ48-032G 32 GB read 100 MB/s picture

LOT 10x SanDisk 32GB ULTRA USB 3.0 flash drive SDCZ48-032G 32 GB read 100 MB/s

$39.80



USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB picture

USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB

$7.99



SanDisk Ultra Luxe USB 3.1 Flash Drive – 5 Pack | Premium Metal USB Flash Drives picture

SanDisk Ultra Luxe USB 3.1 Flash Drive – 5 Pack | Premium Metal USB Flash Drives

$59.99



128GB USB 14-in-1 MacOS bootable Installer repair recovery tech support service picture

128GB USB 14-in-1 MacOS bootable Installer repair recovery tech support service

$39.99