Results 1 to 10 of 26

Thread: Video problem with 7.2.0

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    28
    Here are some screenshots that I took yesterday, before installing the nVidia driver:

    Screenshot1.pngScreenshot2.pngScreenshot3.pngScreenshot4.png

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    28
    So just to update this, I have done a fresh install of the 7.2.0 ISO onto two different USB sticks, just to rule out possible USB stick issues. Both installations have failed after a few minutes - the screen images deteriorate and the OS becomes unusable. I am now back to using a fresh install of 6.7.1 on one of these same USB sticks and it's been working fine for the last hour or so. Below are a couple of photos of what happens to the screen:

    IMG_0067.JPGIMG_0069.JPG

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    28
    I still have not resolved this issue with my limited Linux experience. I have tested now three times with a fresh install, the results are as follows:

    Fresh install, no cheat codes, no additional drivers: Screen image deteriorates after a while (variable) and machine has to be rebooted.
    Fresh install, no cheat codes, appropriate nVidia drivers installed: Machine freezes after a short while and has to be rebooted.
    Fresh install, no3d cheat code: running fine, uptime several hours now.

    The no3d code is what Klaus suggested previously, I tried it after I'd already had some issues with the same install and it didn't work out. It seems to work fine when used with a fresh install.

  4. #4
    Moderator Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Germany/ Dietzenbach
    Posts
    1,124
    Did you ever tested the md5sum (=> Test the ISO) of your download and/or the integrity of your DVD/CD and of your flash install with the cheatcode "knoppix testcd"?

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by Werner P. Schulz View Post
    Did you ever tested the md5sum (=> Test the ISO) of your download and/or the integrity of your DVD/CD and of your flash install with the cheatcode "knoppix testcd"?
    I tested the md5sum after downloaf, it was good. I have just run cheatcode "knoppix testcd".the system reports "All files OK".

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    28
    Also for further information: In the last few days I had the opportunity to test the following distros, some of which also gave problems with screen display on the same machine:

    Peppermint 4
    Ubuntu 12.04 screen also deteriorates, no solution found
    Bodhi 2.4
    Slax 7.0.8
    Porteus 2.1 screen also deteriorates, still trying to resolve it

    I think my best solution is to get another laptop without nVidia card

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    28
    I found what appears to be the appropriate driver, but I have no idea how to install a .run file to the system or indeed whether it is likely to be compatible.

    http://www.nvidia.com/object/linux_d...100.14.09.html

    Can one of the more experienced members assist?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Intel SRG17 Core i7-9700T Desktop Processor CPU picture

Intel SRG17 Core i7-9700T Desktop Processor CPU

$74.99



Intel Core i5-4590T 2 GHz 5 GT/s LGA 1150 Desktop CPU Processor SR1S6 picture

Intel Core i5-4590T 2 GHz 5 GT/s LGA 1150 Desktop CPU Processor SR1S6

$14.99



GAMING COMBO: ASUS Prime H470M-PLUS MOTHERBOARD + i5-10600KF CPU + 16GB DDR4 picture

GAMING COMBO: ASUS Prime H470M-PLUS MOTHERBOARD + i5-10600KF CPU + 16GB DDR4

$229.95



PS5 Over Heating Problem Solver 1.5 Grams Liquid metal thermal paste CPU, GPU picture

PS5 Over Heating Problem Solver 1.5 Grams Liquid metal thermal paste CPU, GPU

$15.99



Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor picture

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor

$39.00



Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151 picture

Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151

$79.99



AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Desktop Processor (3.7GHz, 6 Cores, AM4 CPU) 100-100000065 picture

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Desktop Processor (3.7GHz, 6 Cores, AM4 CPU) 100-100000065

$125.00



Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor picture

Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor

$69.99



LAST BATCH *Brand New-Sealed* AMD Ryzen 9 9950X3D2 Dual Ed. 4.3GHz 16Core AM5 picture

LAST BATCH *Brand New-Sealed* AMD Ryzen 9 9950X3D2 Dual Ed. 4.3GHz 16Core AM5

$768.00



HP ProDesk 405 G8 Desktop AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 5650GE 16GB RAM 512GB SSD W11P picture

HP ProDesk 405 G8 Desktop AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 5650GE 16GB RAM 512GB SSD W11P

$319.99