-
I still have not resolved this issue with my limited Linux experience. I have tested now three times with a fresh install, the results are as follows:
Fresh install, no cheat codes, no additional drivers: Screen image deteriorates after a while (variable) and machine has to be rebooted.
Fresh install, no cheat codes, appropriate nVidia drivers installed: Machine freezes after a short while and has to be rebooted.
Fresh install, no3d cheat code: running fine, uptime several hours now.
The no3d code is what Klaus suggested previously, I tried it after I'd already had some issues with the same install and it didn't work out. It seems to work fine when used with a fresh install.
-
Did you ever tested the md5sum (=> Test the ISO) of your download and/or the integrity of your DVD/CD and of your flash install with the cheatcode "knoppix testcd"?
-

Originally Posted by
Werner P. Schulz
Did you ever tested the md5sum (=> Test the ISO) of your download and/or the integrity of your DVD/CD and of your flash install
with the cheatcode "knoppix testcd"?
I tested the md5sum after downloaf, it was good. I have just run cheatcode "knoppix testcd".the system reports "All files OK".
-
Also for further information: In the last few days I had the opportunity to test the following distros, some of which also gave problems with screen display on the same machine:
Peppermint 4
Ubuntu 12.04 screen also deteriorates, no solution found
Bodhi 2.4
Slax 7.0.8
Porteus 2.1 screen also deteriorates, still trying to resolve it
I think my best solution is to get another laptop without nVidia card
-
I found what appears to be the appropriate driver, but I have no idea how to install a .run file to the system or indeed whether it is likely to be compatible.
http://www.nvidia.com/object/linux_d...100.14.09.html
Can one of the more experienced members assist?
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Lenovo ThinkCentre M720Q Core i5-8500T 2.10GHz 8GB 128GB SDD W11 Mini PC (Z3675)
$125.96

OPNsense Firewall 8-Core Atom C3758 4GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN
$95.00

AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 8700GE 8-Core/16-Thread Up to 5.1GHz AM5 (FL1)
$175.00

Apple Mac Pro (A1186, "8Core" 2007)Xeon X5365-4GB Ram 1TB HDD OS XLeopard NVIDIA
$274.99

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray
$174.99
![AMD Ryzen Threadripper Pro 3995WX 64-core Processor sWRX8 [UNLOCKED] picture](/store/img/g/Ga0AAeSw9VhqxzGe/s-l225/AMD-Ryzen-Threadripper-Pro-3995WX-64-core-Processo.jpg)
AMD Ryzen Threadripper Pro 3995WX 64-core Processor sWRX8 [UNLOCKED]
$1400.00

AMD Ryzen 7 9850X3D 8-Core 16-Thread 5.6GHz 120W AM5 CPU 100-100001973WOF
$435.99

HP - OmniBook 3 - 14" 2K OLED Laptop - Snapdragon X (8-Core CPU) - 8GB Memory...
$399.99

Dell Optiplex 7070 SFF i7-9700 8-Core 3.0GHz 16B Ram NO HDD NO OS
$199.99

Clear Touch Interactive Module CTI PCMOD PC55 ST i5 6core,8GB DDR4,256GB SSD NEW
$225.00