-
Senior Member
registered user
Have started following the Debian Live project, yes. For an eventual later merge with Knoppix, I think there may be a substantial amount of adaptation to be done. But for my own part, I don't think there is an alternative right now. I must have a pure 64 bit platform to work from. Could have used Ubuntu instead, but there's much more of an agenda behind that distro. So for purity's sake
-
Senior Member
registered user
Nice to hear from you.

Originally Posted by
Capricorny
I must have a pure 64 bit platform to work from.
I'm not sure KK has or will commit to a full 64-bit Knoppix.
That may be beyond his needs.
And a lot of work.
Have you looked at 64-bit Mint16 Xfce?
-
Senior Member
registered user
I'm only interested in things that are at least as close to pure Debian as Knoppix. Therefore, I may be a bit too skeptical about Mint, being, essentially, an Ubuntu derivative.
While KK himself has not been interested in making a pure-64 Knoppix so far, he has in no way been negative towards such attempts, and as you well know, current Knoppix is, actually, a hybrid system if you use the 64-bits kernel (which I do as much as possible).
And as soon as we have a package like knxbootstrap working, there will be far less extra effort needed to make a Knoppix-type adaption.
Last time I looked into it, 3 years ago, it looked like Knoppix was way ahead of Debian Live in most respects. Hopefully, they have closed som of that gap now.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM
$1499.00

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001
$245.00

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99

128GB (4x32GB) SK hynix DDR4 PC4-2666V RDIMM ECC Server Ram HMA84GR7CJR4N-VK
$799.00

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$308.00

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$524.99

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00

Asrock Rack ROMED8-2T Server Motherboard AMD EPYC 7003 (with AMD 3D V-Cache Tech
$747.99