-
@patelbhavesh: thanks for the pointer to Debian Live. I got Debian 7.3 up and running and installed the live-build tools and made a Wheezy iive with just the LXDE desktop and no extra applications. ISO is 745 MiB, and I don't even have a browser in it. It will take a lot of work to slim it down to fit on a 700 MiB CD. Klaus Knopper has already made a fine job of of trimming and slimming down a live Wheezy, and that is why I would like to start with a basic Knoppix.
Fun fact: I have tried a full remaster of a Knoppix 7.2.0 CD. All I did was remove Gimp. The compressed cloop was larger than the original one, even though I tried all the settings to get the smallest possible cloop. Klaus knows a few tricks allright !
Last edited by fredvej; 12-22-2013 at 10:29 AM.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Lot of 12 Vintage 1960's Military Logic Cards PCB Set Germanium Transistors
$299.00

Vintage Computer - PC Innovation Intel 486DX2 - Dos Ver 6.2 Windows 3.1
$250.00

Vintage HP Hewlett Packard 2112A 21MX 1000 M-Series 16-Bit Minicomputer
$419.99

Sanyo DM 5012CM Solid State Data Display Monitor Working Vintage 1980s 80s
$169.99

Vintage S-100 California Computer Systems cards Z80 cpu + ADS PromBlaster
$895.00

Vintage Apple Macintosh Plus Desktop Computer - M0001A
$150.00

Fujitsu Stylistic 3500 Tablet Computer Vintage Pen Powers On w/ Charger READ
$100.00

Vintage Quasar Information Processor
$39.00

Vintage Jetway J-620BF Socket 370 Celeron AT Motherboard SiS 620 Brand New
$75.00

Vtg 370CPU Rev 370 FC-PGA converter board With ECS Motherboard + CPU Lot
$70.00