-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
Blacksimon
...Pre-selected overlay additions: game, programming, education, and so on to "expand the capabilities" for those who need....
I know this is a nice feature of Porteus, but if Knoppix were to have its own capability to generate overlays, then everyone might define their own overlays. For example, If I had a Baseline LiveCD as I defined, then with Synaptic I'd temporarily add IceWeasel, LibreOffice, and Geany and a few fiddleware settings temporarily to my persistence file and then use the new added capability to roll this into my own unique Knoppix1 overlay.
I am specifically NOT advocating pre-selected sets of overlays, but rather the ablilty to make our own unique overlays from a common,
minimalist Baseline. Agreeing on a Baseline is in itself a hard enough task, there being infinite possibilities.
Last edited by utu; 12-24-2013 at 01:27 AM.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

1x64GB Hynix HMAA8GL7MMR4N DDR4 PC4 2133P-LE0-11 4Rx4 ECC LRDIMM Server RAM
$320.00

24x Micron MT40A512M16LY-062E IT:E 8Gb DDR4-3200 96-FBGA Memory IC
$349.99

SMART(Micron)SafeStor 32GB(1X32GB) 1RX4 NN4-3200AA(DDR4) HPE Server Memory
$159.98

Dell 16GB PC4-21300 (DDR4-2666) Memory (SNPPWR5TC16G)
$89.99

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

1x64GB Hynix HMAA8GL7MMR4N DDR4 PC4 2400T-LE0-11 4Rx4 ECC LRDIMM Server RAM
$340.00

Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q
$169.00

Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11
$62.55

RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED
$445.00