Figured it out.I had incorrectly copied the linux and minirt.gz from an older version of knoppix.Now everything is working fine.
Hello Folks,
I downloaded the 7.2.0 version and am seeing that when i do an lsmod there is nothing.absolutely zero records.
The reason I was trying to check which modules are loaded is because my intel wireless card which was working in 7.0.4 version has stopped working with my upgrade to 7.2.0.
Also the display looks shifted horizontally.That is the 10% of right side of the screen is shown on the left hand side.
Has anyone else seen a similar issue ?
I tried manually inserting the modules but it gives incorrect format error.I tried with both 32-bit and 64-bit kernel.
Any help is appreciated in debugging this.
Figured it out.I had incorrectly copied the linux and minirt.gz from an older version of knoppix.Now everything is working fine.

OEM Genuine 42Wh WDX0R For DELL Inspiron WDXOR Battery 15 5567 5568 13 5368 7368
$22.99
OEM 68Wh 3HWPP Battery For Dell Latitude 5401 5501 5410 5510 E5411 E5511
$28.99
OEM Genuine 62WH 6MT4T Battery For Dell Latitude E5470 E5570 6MT4T 07V69Y 7V69Y
$36.66
Genuine OEM 6GTPY 97Wh Battery for Dell XPS 15 7590, 9550 Series 5XJ28 GPM03 New
$33.50
OEM Genuine 86WH 69KF2 Battery For Dell XPS 15 9500 Precision 5550 M59JH M15 M17
$45.49
OEM 68Wh 3HWPP Battery For Dell Latitude 5401 5411 15 5501 5511 Precision 3541
$35.78
Lot of 5 Dell OEM 65W 7.4mm 19.5V 3.34A AC Adapters Mixed Models B Grade
$36.99
OEM 74WH 357F9 Battery For Dell Inspiron 15 7559 i7559 7557 i7557 5577 7567 5576
$26.99
OEM Genuine 95WH PKWVM C903V Battery 7550 For Dell Precision CR72X 17C06 447VR
$37.40
Genuine OEM 63Wh 7FMXV Battery For Dell Latitude 5320 7320 7420 7520 4M1JN TN2GY
$32.99