Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Problem recognizing USB key

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    2

    Problem recognizing USB key

    Hi everybody !

    I have this problem of a USB FAT32 key which became RAW after some brutal disconnection. My Windows XP sees the key (when I go to "My computer" section, I see removible disk E,but logically can't mount it anymore. So I wanted to use Knoppix livecd (7.2 version) and using the "chkdsk" command to try to recovering the files like I did before with success for an other problem of that type.

    The fact is that Knoppix doesn't recognize the USB key. I just see my hard disk in the interface... I don't understand why, especially if even Windows XP can recognize it...It's a upside-down world !

    Does someone have an idea ? Any help would be greatly appreciated !

    Sorry if some of my formulations are bad, I'm french

  2. #2
    Moderator Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Germany/ Dietzenbach
    Posts
    1,124
    What is the output of
    Code:
    blkid
    within a terminal (third icon in the panel)?

    If there is a line like
    /dev/sd........ TYPE="vfat"
    you can try to mount it within PCManFM (second icon in the panal); otherwise perhaps testdisk may help you.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    2
    Thank you for answering !
    I tried Testdisk on Windows, and on Linux : nothing works. When I analyse the key, it analyses and after says "No partition found or selected".
    I guess there is no more solution than formating ?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch picture

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch

$19.99



TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed picture

TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed

$199.99



NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch picture

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch

$49.99



D-Link DGS-1210-28P 28-Port PoE Gigabit Web Smart Switch With Cord picture

D-Link DGS-1210-28P 28-Port PoE Gigabit Web Smart Switch With Cord

$49.99



5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S... picture

5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...

$9.64



TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern picture

TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern

$15.25



NETGEAR 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch (Gs305) - Desktop Quiet Fanless picture

NETGEAR 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch (Gs305) - Desktop Quiet Fanless

$16.41



10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W picture

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W

$39.99



Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch picture

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch

$129.99



5Ports Gigabit Network Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports Total 52W each port 30W Plug&Play picture

5Ports Gigabit Network Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports Total 52W each port 30W Plug&Play

$31.99