-
Problem recognizing USB key
Hi everybody !
I have this problem of a USB FAT32 key which became RAW after some brutal disconnection. My Windows XP sees the key (when I go to "My computer" section, I see removible disk E
,but logically can't mount it anymore. So I wanted to use Knoppix livecd (7.2 version) and using the "chkdsk" command to try to recovering the files like I did before with success for an other problem of that type.
The fact is that Knoppix doesn't recognize the USB key. I just see my hard disk in the interface... I don't understand why, especially if even Windows XP can recognize it...It's a upside-down world !
Does someone have an idea ? Any help would be greatly appreciated !
Sorry if some of my formulations are bad, I'm french
-
What is the output ofwithin a terminal (third icon in the panel)?
If there is a line like
/dev/sd........ TYPE="vfat"
you can try to mount it within PCManFM (second icon in the panal); otherwise perhaps testdisk may help you.
-
Thank you for answering !
I tried Testdisk on Windows, and on Linux : nothing works. When I analyse the key, it analyses and after says "No partition found or selected".
I guess there is no more solution than formating ?
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99

Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)
$29.90

ASUS ROG STRIX X870E-E GAMING WIFI
$289.99

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99

ASRock B550M PRO4 AM4 AMD B550 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
$76.49

ASUS PRIME Z370-A II LGA 1151 Intel Z370 DDR4 DIMM USB3.1 DVI ATX RGB
$69.99

ASRock AMD BC-250 16GB 128GB SSD Used
$220.00

ASUS B85M-G / B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI Support 4thCPU
$45.00

Dell OptiPlex 3080 SFF Intel LGA 1200 DDR4 Desktop Motherboard HMF7C
$49.99