-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
Pixelman

Originally Posted by
eadz

Originally Posted by
ingmar
If you're outside of the EU ( as I am ) don't count on this.
For a start, I tried to buy this with my credit card, and recieved an automated email in German, but no further correspondence. So I called up "speka de english?" and was told that they do not accept credit cards form outside the EU.. Back to square one...
I used Google translation tools to go through the Lehmanns site and place my order and when I got to the "Check-Out" it gave an option for International orders so I placed my order and it seemed to accept it so I am still waiting for delivery(standard delivery postage charged 6.15 Euros).
About 8 days after placing the order I received an Invoice in the mail for the said order and so I thought that was efficient of Lehmanns advising that the order was processed and I should expect the goods to follow later. A footnote printed at the bottom of the invoice (specific to this order) "In Deutschland Lieferung generell portofrei - Payment by creditcard (no., validity date). No Checks allowed!" and this has been crossed out with a wiggly line in ballpoint pen.

So your post has me concerned that it may not be coming after all, did you place your order on the Secure International Order page? If I have not seen the goods within the next 2 weeks, I will have to Email Lehmanns and it will be also be indicated I guest if it shows up on my Credit Card Statement.

Also can anyone advise as to if the Linuxtag DVD edition Knoppix is only in German because on the forum located here
http://mailman.linuxtag.org/pipermai...ly/003478.html seems to indicate this to be the case? Being an international Conference and on a DVD I would have assumed that they would provide both German & English versions? Is there any Cheat Codes to boot in English or any other workarounds to deal with this issue?

Also it appears that the DVD also had some bugs that Klaus acknowledged and said he was going to put up on the web (see this topic)
http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtop...asc&highlight= can someone give a pointer to were these are please?
This is the first Forum I have joined - Knoppix and it are both great!

When you get it you boot with "knoppix lang=us" and its english ...
The bugfixes are not up yet, I think ...
cu
Fabian
Similar Threads
-
By thegroover in forum The Lounge
Replies: 12
Last Post: 10-24-2005, 01:01 PM
-
By Cuddles in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-04-2004, 10:39 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM
$1625.00

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Microsoft Windows Server 2025 Standard 64Bit 16 Core-50 CALs DVD With Key Sealed
$49.99

867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001
$245.00

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$308.00

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$149.99

Dell PowerEdge R240 Intel Xeon E-2224 3.50GHz 8GB DDR4 ECC NO HDD 250W
$254.97