-
"toram" and my persistence parition (7.2)
Hi guys,
I have been searching for additional info on the on how exactly the "toram" cheatcode modifies knoppix in the case of a flash disk install, but I cannot find anything.
What I would like is to load my modified knoppix and all my programs into ram at start, i.e. the union between sda1 and sda2 (my persistence drive). What I guess is actually happening is that knoppix is only loading sda1 to ram, and any changes I make have to be loaded from disk as/when needed.
Can anybody confirm how this actually functions, and advise how I can achieve my goal?
##optional read##
Whilst I'm here have a few additional queries:
1. Can I resize sda1 and sda2 partitions after they are made?
2. Is there perhaps a better distro more suited to my goals:
a. run inside portable virtualbox on sdcard
b. all personal data and files other than basic clean OS are encrypted with a good encryption, preferably prompting for password on boot.
c. no size limit on persistence
d. capable of all running from ram to negate the speed and durability issues of sd card.
e. small enough to run in VM with 4GB of ram
im fairly new to linux so please forgive ignorance
thanks,
Andy
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

OEM Genuine 86WH 69KF2 Battery For Dell XPS 15 9500 Precision 5550 M59JH M15 M17
$45.49

OEM 68Wh 3HWPP Battery For Dell Latitude 5401 5501 5410 5510 E5411 E5511
$28.99

Genuine OEM 63Wh 7FMXV Battery For Dell Latitude 5320 7320 7420 7520 4M1JN TN2GY
$32.99

OEM Genuine 95WH PKWVM C903V Battery 7550 For Dell Precision CR72X 17C06 447VR
$37.40

OEM Genuine 42Wh WDX0R For DELL Inspiron WDXOR Battery 15 5567 5568 13 5368 7368
$22.99

OEM 68Wh 3HWPP Battery For Dell Latitude 5401 5411 15 5501 5511 Precision 3541
$35.78

Lot of 5 Dell OEM 65W 7.4mm 19.5V 3.34A AC Adapters Mixed Models B Grade
$39.99

OEM 74WH 357F9 Battery For Dell Inspiron 15 7559 i7559 7557 i7557 5577 7567 5576
$26.99

Genuine OEM 6GTPY 97Wh Battery for Dell XPS 15 7590, 9550 Series 5XJ28 GPM03 New
$33.50

OEM Genuine JHT2H Battery FOR DELL Latitude 7410 7310 4V5X2 0WY9MP 0HRGYV 04V5X2
$32.89