Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: CeBit in March

  1. #1
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Columbia, Maryland USA
    Posts
    1,631

    CeBit in March

    CeBIT coming in March 2014.
    http://www.cebit.de/en/exhibition/ex...rce-park.xhtml
    Klaus K a presenter.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    802
    Meaning, probably, that the next Knoppix version is due about then...

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Columbia, Maryland USA
    Posts
    1,631
    Quote Originally Posted by Capricorny View Post
    Meaning, probably, that the next Knoppix version is due about then...
    ... and called 7.3 it seems.

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Columbia, Maryland USA
    Posts
    1,631
    Quote Originally Posted by utu View Post
    7.3 it seems.
    http://www.cebit.de/speaker/prof.-di...us-knopper/916

  5. #5
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Columbia, Maryland USA
    Posts
    1,631
    Contents of CeBIT Knoppix 7.3 CD/DVD
    http://www.knopper.net/knoppix/knoppix730-en.html

    Contains, for example vs 7.2
    LibreOffice 4.1.4 vs 4.0
    IceWeasel 26 vs 21
    PCManFM 1.1.2 vs 1.1.0
    Kernel 3.13 vs 3.9.6
    Last edited by utu; 02-25-2014 at 05:49 PM.

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    17
    I'm looking forward for 7.3, I hope that Orca will work with Firefox too.

  7. #7
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Columbia, Maryland USA
    Posts
    1,631
    Quote Originally Posted by rbenea View Post
    I'm looking forward for 7.3, I hope that Orca will work with Firefox too.
    Iceweasel 26 is functionally the same as Firefox 26. Its just 'de-branded' by Debian purists.

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by utu View Post
    Iceweasel 26 is functionally the same as Firefox 26. Its just 'de-branded' by Debian purists.
    Yes, I know, my question was if Firefox/Iceweasel 26 will work with at-spi2 for accessibility and also if Adriane will show back the Graphic mode > Firefox menu. If somebody has access to 7.3 I would really appreciate the input.

    Thank you,
    Rares

  9. #9
    I too would be interested in knowing whether the default version of Orca/At-spi in 7.3 works with Firefox/Iceweasel. Having to source an older version of these from Debian Squeeze has been my biggest disappointment in 7.2 since it prevents me from booting from CD and quickly having a working web browser whenever my experimentation borks my harddrive install(and I don't know enough about re-mastering to compile my customizations into a CD-rom and most of the tools for simplifying re-mastering seem catered to the sighted).

  10. #10
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Columbia, Maryland USA
    Posts
    1,631
    Greetings, Jeffery & rbenea.

    I forwarded rbenea's post to Klaus K earlier and got no reply.
    I expect Klaus may be quite busy with CeBIT this week.
    I know he would be very interested in your concerns if he were aware.

    You might try posting your concerns directly to the debian-knoppix
    mailing list which he is more likely to monitor than this forum:
    https://lists.debian.org/debian-knoppix/2014/03/
    However, he's not been very active there recently.

    A new community edition of Knoppix often follows CeBIT by a month or
    two. The new Adriane edition will be 1.7, but I don't know if this
    contains the changes you are asking about. I do know there is one
    upgrade of Adriane from 1.5 to 1.6 available via Synaptic.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Kingston 16GB DDR4 3200MHz PC4-3200AA-SA2-12 Laptop RAM SODIMM (HP32D4S2S8ME-16) picture

Kingston 16GB DDR4 3200MHz PC4-3200AA-SA2-12 Laptop RAM SODIMM (HP32D4S2S8ME-16)

$64.99



16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR4 Gamer Desktop RAM PC4 MIXED BRANDS picture

16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR4 Gamer Desktop RAM PC4 MIXED BRANDS

$65.00



SK Hynix 8GB 1Rx8 PC4-2400T (HMA81GU6AFR8N-UH) DDR4 Desktop ram picture

SK Hynix 8GB 1Rx8 PC4-2400T (HMA81GU6AFR8N-UH) DDR4 Desktop ram

$25.99



Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit picture

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit

$99.99



[ BULK LOT OF 10 ] UNITS of 8GB DDR4 Laptop RAM SAMSUNG, HYNIX etc. picture

[ BULK LOT OF 10 ] UNITS of 8GB DDR4 Laptop RAM SAMSUNG, HYNIX etc.

$299.99



Kingston HyperX Fury 32GB 2x16GB DDR4 RAM 3200MHz X2YH1K-MIE picture

Kingston HyperX Fury 32GB 2x16GB DDR4 RAM 3200MHz X2YH1K-MIE

$150.00



WARIS 32GB (4x8GB) DDR4-3200 PC4-25600 288-Pin UDIMM Desktop RAM H4737130 picture

WARIS 32GB (4x8GB) DDR4-3200 PC4-25600 288-Pin UDIMM Desktop RAM H4737130

$109.99



Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB 2x16GB DDR4 RAM 3200MHz CMW32GX4M2E3200C16 picture

Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB 2x16GB DDR4 RAM 3200MHz CMW32GX4M2E3200C16

$169.99



Corsair Vengeance DDR3 8GB 16GB 32GB 1866MHz PC3-14900 Desktop RAM Memory DIMM picture

Corsair Vengeance DDR3 8GB 16GB 32GB 1866MHz PC3-14900 Desktop RAM Memory DIMM

$85.00



CPU-RAM-MOBO COMBO-  32gb DDR4 3600MHz, i5 CPU, Asus Prime Motherboard picture

CPU-RAM-MOBO COMBO- 32gb DDR4 3600MHz, i5 CPU, Asus Prime Motherboard

$370.00