-
So I have finally managed to disable UEFI and get the option to boot from a dvd.
Unfortunately whatever I try to boot from (Knoppix, Ubuntu, Xubuntu) stops halfway.
The screen resolution changes constantly and the monitor loses the signal several times and than I only get some garbled colours like when you try to play an encrypted video or just a black screen.
For Knoppix I get the "loading sequence" announcement and the splash screen with the penguin but than it stops there.
Any idea what causes this?
Thank you.
Last edited by Werner P. Schulz; 01-27-2014 at 09:28 AM.
Reason: full quote deleted
-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
Threshold
Any idea what causes this?
Have you done testdvd and checksum tests on the dvd?
Last edited by utu; 01-27-2014 at 04:23 PM.
-

Originally Posted by
utu
Have you done testdvd and checksum tests on the dvd?
Hi utu,
Do you mean testing the knoppix image after downloading it?
I did the md5 test and it completed successfully.
Anyway i loaded all these images into Virtualbox and they work fine so i guess they are all right.
Unfortunately i don't know if it's possible to access my ext3 usb drive from Knoppix, loaded into Virtualbox, and if so how to do it.
Anyway i'd like to be able to have a functioning copy of Knoppix in case I run into any PC issues as it has saved me in the past many times.
Thank you.
-
Senior Member

Originally Posted by
Threshold
So I have finally managed to disable UEFI and get the option to boot from a dvd.
Unfortunately whatever I try to boot from (Knoppix, Ubuntu, Xubuntu) stops halfway.
The screen resolution changes constantly and the monitor loses the signal several times and than I only get some garbled colours like when you try to play an encrypted video or just a black screen.
For Knoppix I get the "loading sequence" announcement and the splash screen with the penguin but than it stops there.
Any idea what causes this?
Thank you.
I've had a similar problem with the video display, and have sometimes been able to resolve it by setting the screen resolution at boot time as per the help pages suggestions accessed with f2 and f3
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00

Dell PowerEdge FC430 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2630v4 20 Cores FX2 FX2s No RAM/HDD
$119.99

Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR
$140.00

Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 2.8ghz 20-Cores | 128GB
$149.99

Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays
$799.99

Cisco B200 M3 2x E5-2670V2 10 Core 8x 16GB-128GB Ram Blade Server VIC1240 14900R
$399.00

NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER
$1499.97

HP ProLiant BL460c Gen8 Blade Chassis w/2x Xeon E5-2630L 2.0GHz, 32GB RAM, No H
$144.99

Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working
$149.99

Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 256GB DDR3 RAM NO HDD
$349.99