-
Remastering from the Dead
Beginner. 7.2.0 installed as-is on USB key, via running live CD and flashing. Alles OK, except for disappearing window dressing, due to unsolved Compiz bug (I have to type "knoppix no3d" at every boot).
During apt-get installation of various AvidEmux dependencies, a concluding message told me that libc-2.17.so had been found in an unexpected location (UNIONFS/lib/i386-linux-gnu) and should be removed therefrom. So, I deleted the file, as told.
Begin(Nightmare):
I now have a crippled system, where everything from an "apt get" to an "ls" results in a can't-find error for libc.so.6 (which was in the same directory but was merely a pointer to libc-2.17.so). I could not even copy over a replacement from a CD. It seems that EVERYTHING RELIES ON THAT C-LIBRARY FILE. Finally with the system stuck (even net connectivity was lost), I rebooted it.
Now, the same error appears at booting, and Knoppix halts.
Examining that USB key from another running instance of Knoppix shows no UNIONFS directory on the problem key, where I may replace the C-library file. I tried copying it elsewhere, to no avail.
So, how do I remaster from the dead my USB key? It lacks only that one C-library file!
P.S. Remember, I'm a newbie. Please spell out any commands.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

HP PROLIANT TPS-W003 MICRO- SERVER TOWER Gen 8, 16G RAM
$195.00

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS
$199.00

Supermicro 505-2 Server
$280.00

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99

Supermicro Superserver CSE-836 Xeon E5-2609 v4 1.7GHz No RAM No Drives No OS
$249.98

Lot Of 16Micron MTA36ASF2G72PZ-2G1A2IJ 16GB 2Rx4 PC4-2133P-RB0-10 ECC Server Ram
$960.00

Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*
$369.99

SUPERMICRO CSE-836 XEON E5-1620 v3 @ 3.50GHz, 32GB RAM, NO HDD/OS
$299.99

Supermicro CSE-216 No CPU No Ram No HDD Tested & Reset
$149.99

Supermicro CSE-216 No CPU No Ram No HDD Tested & Reset
$149.99