-
Senior Member
registered user
The possibility of btrfs adaption of Knoppix LiveUSB architecture
.
I've become interested in the possibility of adapting Knoppix in its LivUSB incarnation
to a btrfs implementation. I envision saving most of the Knoppix hardware recognition
and system set-up in a (mostly) compressed read-only partition, and using a read-write
btrfs partition instead of a current reiserfs partition to record ongoing system changes.
I also envision retaining the current (mostly unused) capability of removing unchanging
contents of the persistence partition, compacting these and moving these to the read-only
partition.
According to the following reference, there are many features of btrfs which seriously
take into account strengths and weaknesses of LiveUSB hardware. Never mind its Oracular
heritage, I think it is a fine introduction to btrfs.
http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/ar...s-1695246.html
I don't anticipate any significant new programming per se, but rather merely an
adaptation of the current Knoppix framework. This will require some serious homework
in understanding clearly all the elegant magic performed in the Knoppix minirt.gz and
not screwing it up by making unnecessary or ill-considered changes.
Any constructive thoughts toward realizing such a possibility would be much appreciated.
Last edited by utu; 02-05-2014 at 07:45 PM.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description)
$59.00

INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99

INTEL CORE I7-870 SLBJG 2.93GHZ LGA1156 4 CORE CPU PROCESSOR
$23.00

INTEL CORE I9-10980XE PROCESSOR | 3.00GHZ | SRGSG
$299.99

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00

Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor
$67.99

Intel Core i7-7700K SR33A 4.20GHz 4-Core LGA1151 CPU Processor
$62.95

Intel Core i9-9900K SRG19 3.60GHz 16MB 8-Core LGA1151 B Grade CPU Processor
$175.00

AMD Ryzen 7 7700X 8-Core, 16-Thread Unlocked Desktop Processor
$250.00